Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 9:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabled Gay teen burned alive at a BDAY party, perp gets 3years?
RE: Disabled Gay teen burned alive at a BDAY party, perp gets 3years?
(March 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Could you enlighten me as to what you find idiotic about the law being applied evenly to people?

When you admit that not all cases of murder are the same.

There is verifiable stupidity, there is luring under the guise of stupidity, etc, etc,.

Applying the same punishment, say to a young adult who was coerced to murder under threat and someone who desired to kill the victim and planned it willfully, is fundamentally unjust.

(March 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Also judges most certainly are not capable in the vast majority of cases.

If that's the case, better put on the tin foil hat and become a hermit. No chance in hell for you, right, because judges are "most certainly not capable in the vast majority of cases".

(March 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Are you aware of the differences in death penalty cases between people with public defenders and those without?

Does it occur to you that the act of having good representation and not makes a difference in the case narrative?

Once again, Baby, Bathwater.

(March 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: With mandatory sentences for crimes like murder it makes an egalitarian system that is incapable of making an error like this.

No, it makes a system incapable of handling anything but the most common of cases.

Way to Captain!

You just created an imbalance like mandatory sentencing has done so already!
Quote: The law reduced the disparity between the amount of crack cocaine and powder cocaine needed to trigger certain United States federal criminal penalties from a 100:1 weight ratio to an 18:1 weight ratio and eliminated the five-year mandatory minimum sentence for simple possession of crack cocaine, among other provisions.
REF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Sentencing_Act

(March 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I mean you want to make this about the guy being gay and be outraged but propose no solutions other than have better judges.

You're a goddamn liar.

Here's what I said (looks like basic reading comprehension is out of your scope!):
(March 24, 2013 at 3:31 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Also, why is judicial error like this unpunished or unconfronted?

I want additional feedback to resolve these problems.

See.

You're a goddamn moron if you can say with a straight face that I "propose no solutions other than have better judges."

(March 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I would posit that it is impossible to have better judges because people are human beings and subject to bias, error, corruption.

I would posit that assholes like you are the reason that we don't implement feedback systems, anti-corruption and anti-bias panels, not set up metastudies that are not paid for by either entities interested in imprisoning (jails, sheriffs assocs) or interested in freeing all prisoners (Amnesty Intnl, etc)...

You're part of the problem inherent in the system.

Complexity is beyond you.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disabled Gay teen burned alive at a BDAY party, perp gets 3years? - by Autumnlicious - March 24, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wyoming Senator gets booed at Commencement. Jehanne 4 688 May 17, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 785 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 291 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1530 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1471 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Refusing service because of political party. brewer 212 32400 July 11, 2018 at 3:18 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Green Party, Huh? Minimalist 0 357 March 17, 2018 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  And The Noose Gets A Little Tighter.... Minimalist 0 422 February 15, 2018 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump Gets One Right! BrianSoddingBoru4 3 799 January 4, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Mila Kunis Gets A Big Fat Bucket Of Cool Points BrianSoddingBoru4 0 492 November 3, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4