Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 3:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
(July 4, 2013 at 11:18 am)catfish Wrote: Oh please. Don't assume I'm refering to "Jesus" as pagan, he was the victim, not the perpetrator...

You said, "human sacrifice". Whatever...

(July 4, 2013 at 11:18 am)catfish Wrote: Anyways, I'm not sure if you're aware of the origins of the Catholic church or not. You know, the church formed by those ancient Romans....

Sunday worship? Pagan sun god's day of worship.... Undecided
"make Holy the sabbath"... "do this in memory of me". "the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath."

(July 4, 2013 at 11:18 am)catfish Wrote: Pray to non-gods? Yeah, praying to "mother mary" is a pagan practice... Undecided
No Catholic prays "to" Mother Mary. We pray "for" her intercession. If you didn't know, Mary initiated Jesus' first miracle. So, we ask her to intercede with our intentions. Jesus from the cross: "Woman behold your son.... and to his disciple, behold your mother!" It is very clear that Mary is our spiritual Mother.

(July 4, 2013 at 11:18 am)catfish Wrote: Call no man on earth your father? Calling a priest "father" is contradictory to the words in the Bible, thus pagan. Undecided

"father" is used out of respect...and there is a little matter of the 6th commandment?

(July 4, 2013 at 11:18 am)catfish Wrote: X-mas? Easter? Halloween? All pagan... Undecided

Because you say so? These holidays (All Saints Nov. 1) were actually started to counteract pagan celebrations! And...I'll have to refer you to Jesus' earlier quote..."the sabbath was made for man...." We are NOT defined as Catholics by a holiday!

(July 4, 2013 at 11:18 am)catfish Wrote: Do you celebrate and decorate with a pagan x-mas trees and symbols?

Another dumb comparison.... Do you carry pictures around of your family? Do you get haircuts, and put $500 suits on? Do you cut your lawn, and shape your bushes? Do you wash the dog? Do you celebrate birthdays and anniversaries? I mean...come-on buddy..... we don't worship a freaking Christmas tree, or any object! Don't you remember your own atheist lines? We worship what nobody can see!
(July 4, 2013 at 11:18 am)catfish Wrote: What about Tartarus and Hades? Fucking pagan myths... Undecided
Are you writing all this crap to fill space?
(July 4, 2013 at 11:18 am)catfish Wrote: "They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."
You forgot the first part of Timothy's quote, which is very pertinent to people who have turned away from the word....or think they know-it-all.

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."

For a pagan you have a lot of Catholic mis-information under your belt! Or, is it wishful thinking?
Quis ut Deus?

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically? - by ronedee - July 5, 2013 at 2:30 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 6900 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 2004 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 9876 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44778 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8694 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2840 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Bible Study: The God who Lies and Deceives Rhondazvous 50 5591 May 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 12059 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 5006 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9268 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII