Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 6:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
fr0d0 Wrote:[Vader has just choked Padmé into unconsciousness]
Darth Vader : You've turned her against me!
Obi-Wan Kenobi : You have done that yourself!
Vader : YOU WILL NOT TAKE HER FROM ME!
Obi-Wan : Your anger and your lust for power have already done that. You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind, until now...until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.
Vader : Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi! I do not fear the Dark Side as you do! I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!
Obi-Wan : [incredulously] Your new Empire?
Vader : Don't make me kill you.
Obi-Wan : Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic! To democracy!!
Vader : If you're not with me, then you're my enemy!
Obi-Wan : Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

RONEDEE Wrote:"If they're not for us, they're against us, right?"

Darth Vadar (Anakin Skywalker) had the "power of foresight". He saw what was going to happen to Padme, and in his efforts to stop it from happening he made it happen. Seems kinda reminiscent of the "End of Timer's" plight, but hey.
Not to mention the Jedi played by Samuel L. Jackson who went against the "Jedi Way" to kill the Sith who was "too dangerous to be alive" (eerily reminiscent of the Christians in support of Death Penalty), making Anakin react in turn to prevent what he perceived to be the only way to save Padme, thus making him the villian by default even though he was right in preventing the death of the Sith based on the Jedi's beliefs in the first place (George W sorta played out his own version of this with the Iraqi war). All Anakin had, was a noble will to save the love of his life. He was tricked by the very Sith lord he had protected from being unjustly killed, into believing that they would bring peace to the galaxy themselves, and peace for the future of his family, which up to the third movie had been being threatened by the Republics' inaction in the face of a threat that the Sith had fabricated himself, in order to gain control of the Senate (Makes me think of the Patriot Acts for some reason hmm). The Jedi failed Anakin. Anakin failed Padme, and Obi Wan just plain out failed at life. The Republic failed because it gave all its' power to one person and were self serving, not servants. The Jedi failed because they undermined their own belief system and lost the confidence of the "chosen one".

Absolutes: Black and white, good and bad, right and wrong, all these things lead to calamity because they are subjective to belief systems instead of realism. In reality: THERES GAY PEOPLE. In reality: WOMEN DONT DESERVE TO BE STONED FOR DISOBEYING MEN. In reality: CARS CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING, THE WORLD ISN'T ENDING UNLESS WE LET IT. In reality, I don't have a defeatist attitude towards the future of humanity.

I have just as much of a right to be me as you have to be you, and you have no right to tell me what to do nor I you. For the good of society, unbiased rules to prevent the harm of one another are required, as is reasonable enforcement. There is hope for an ideal society, we just don't live in it.

I don't go around taking peoples' rights to basic knowledge of science away because it doesn't cohere with my holy book. I don't go around claiming gay people deserve the death penalty, or calling for children and women to be burned for a non-existent belief system. I don't go around legislating the exclusion of Christians from Governing offices because of their religion, but here in the US the Christians make it impossible to be an atheist in office. Like, it's state law in A LOT of states.

All I ask is equal rights, equal treatment, equal opportunity, pretty much the Constitution of the US, which was the best ideal government layout in history, until like all governments: Religion took it over.

I am an atheist, and I am not for or against anyone. I'm certainly not against you, I like you. Nor am I against Ronedee even though he's an idiot.

I'm just for impartial justice, for impartial peace, for hope, for equality, and for the good of mankind.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically? - by Mystical - July 18, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 6861 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 2002 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 9839 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44449 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8660 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2839 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Bible Study: The God who Lies and Deceives Rhondazvous 50 5569 May 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 12050 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4898 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9254 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII