Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 7:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
I have seen the movie, first of all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI7qWFUfi...age#t=198s

Everyone please excuse me while I geek out on Drich now.
ThanksTongue

(July 18, 2013 at 11:26 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: Darth Vadar (Anakin Skywalker) had the "power of foresight". He saw what was going to happen to Padme, and in his efforts to stop it from happening he made it happen. Seems kinda reminiscent of the "End of Timer's" plight, but hey.
Not to mention the Jedi played by Samuel L. Jackson who went against the "Jedi Way" to kill the Sith who was "too dangerous to be alive"
Drich Wrote:Holy crap what are you talking about mace windu's actions were against the Jedi way? Did you even see they movie?!?!

See video. Then rewatch movies Big Grin

By subscribing to prophecy, the Jedi lead to their own downfall.

Drich Wrote:Jedi kill sith, that is the Jedi way!!! What happened to darth maul in the first one? Who killed him? Who tried to kill count dooku in the second one? (Anikin, obi and yoda) who try to kill the palpatine after he turn vader and killed mace? (Yoda).

Killing sith is a non-issue heck anikin killed dooku with little hesitation after he literally 'disarmed' him x2/paid him back for taking his arm in the second movie. It's funny you mentioned the line ' he is much too dangerous to leave him alive' because that is exactly what palpatine said to him about dooku. And Annie took his head, but when his meal ticket was the one on the chopping block little orphan Annie chose the catalyst of his career over what was absolutely right.

Darth Maul was a rogue out to kill them. They killed him in self defense. Count Duku was planning an attack on the Republic, if I remember correctly. Again, rogue.
Palpatine was an appointed Chancellor of the Republic, and killing him was a wreally bad idea. Because then democracy would have ended, had Palpatine not stood trial and the Jedi just unsummarily usurped the elected Chancellor of an entire Republic. The second Windu would've killed Palpatine: The Republic would have died at the hands of the Jedi. Anakin trusted the Jedi, and Windu decided to go against the Jedi way (word for word from the movie), and kill Palpatine. Windu put Anakin in that bind, the Sith seemed to be disarmed and disabled when he decided to kill him. Again, not a way for a Jedi to act towards a captive, I surmise.
Drich Wrote:George is a genius here(either by design or by default) because for the one who does not have solid standards here will only see a haze of grey as you do. Where those who know the 'Jedi code' will be able to see black and white.

George is indeed a genius.
You, however... Can't see that it's the lack of solid standards in the Jedi, that lead to Anakin falling astray. For one: they went against their own creed and allowed Anakin to jump the ranks to his appointed position, just so they could then ask Anakin to spy on Chancellor Palpatine, something also not conductive towards a democracy or peace or even near the Jedi way. Jedi are supposed to stay in the background.

According to Wookiepedia: The Jedi Code is such:

"A Jedi does not act for personal power."
Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others, rather than rule over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training

missluckie26 Wrote:(eerily reminiscent of the Christians in support of Death Penalty), making Anakin react in turn to prevent what he perceived to be the only way to save Padme, thus making him the villian by default even though he was right in preventing the death of the Sith based on the Jedi's beliefs in the first place (George W sorta played out his own version of this with the Iraqi war). All Anakin had, was a noble will to save the love of his life.

Drich Wrote:which is why I suspect that there was that rule against Jedi marrying. Because 'love' or rather what Annie though love to be was little more than a selfish indulgence, that for a time brought down his galaxy.

There was. Attachments are dangerous to Jedi. Still, there were exceptions. Perhaps allowing Anakin to be trained even though he was like 7 instead of from infancy would have to do with his need for attachments. The death of his mother, Padme being so important when he was young.. etc. The Jedi again did not listen to their own advice and allowed Anakin to be trained. Why? Because they listened to prophecy and made an exception for Anakin in their thirst for the Chosen Ones destiny (which they wrongly interpreted). Despite the fact that Yoda saw the dangers, the Council did what it did. Together.

missluckie26 Wrote:He was tricked by the very Sith lord he had protected from being unjustly killed, into believing that they would bring peace to the galaxy themselves, and peace for the future of his family, which up to the third movie had been being threatened by the Republics' inaction in the face of a threat that the Sith had fabricated himself, in order to gain control of the Senate (Makes me think of the Patriot Acts for some reason hmm).

Drich Wrote:Annie was not tricked he was conditioned to want what the sith offered, and choose selfishly rather than stand his post.

Maybe conditioned by the Jedi to fail, and influenced by their short comings to question their authority. Got any references for this statement? I'm comin up blank on what you mean.

missluckie26 Wrote:The Jedi failed Anakin.
Drich Wrote:no anikins betrayal of the Jedi started with his love a padme. Anikin failed the Jedi.

Anakin was not lead properly by the Jedi. They failed him.

missluckie26 Wrote:Anakin failed Padme, and Obi Wan just plain out failed at life.

Drich Wrote:your insane. No obi, no luke. No luke no "chosen one who brought balance to the force." He'd be a pile of bones next to aunt rue and uncle Owen. And the Death Star would have not only blown up alderan but the rebel base on the moon of yavin 4 as well, thus ending the rebellion. Ensuring 1000 year reich under palpatine.

Luke was not the Chosen One, Anakin was. The Jedi were the ones who over-populated the Sith and tipped the balance. That's why the sith were in hiding. Anakin tipped the balance back to the Dark Side by becoming Darth Vadar. So, still not balanced. It wasn't until Anakin killed the Emperor in Return of the Jedi, that balance was restored and no force Dark or Light, ruled the galaxies anymore. If anything, Obi Wan Kenobi rectified his failings by adding Luke to the picture. But at the end of the day, in return of the Jedi: The Emperor had the upper hand, Luke would've died without intervention from his father and Obi wan kenobi would still have failed.

missluckie26 Wrote:The Republic failed because it gave all its' power to one person and were self serving, not servants. The Jedi failed because they undermined their own belief system and lost the confidence of the "chosen one".

Drich Wrote:the republic failed long before power it was handed over to palpatine. Corruption is the death of every republic in history. Before Annie, the force was Jedi heavy. Annie brought balance in that the sith rose to power clearing out the Jedi heavy side of the force, and luke cleaned out the sith. The prophesy pointed to luke not anikin. As luke brought real balance and galactic peace.

Wrong.

All that said, Fr0ds and I were having a talk about absolutes. Here's a quote from one of our earlier conversations, which I indeed did ask you to commentate on and you declined with silence.

missluckie26 Wrote:I hate no one. I hate what people do. I don't actually hate them for doing it. I'm even fine with there being no punishing recompense in an afterlife, too. How am I a hater, exactly? You reap what you sow, right? I reap love.

What's that saying?
"Only a sith deals in absolutes".
If I'm not for god I'm against him. Ronedrrr even said it word for word, "if they're not for us they're against us!"
Its that fear of someone being against what you stand for that leads to anger. Anger leads to hatred. And hatred leads to the dark side, right?

I beg the question again, why must I go to hell for disobeying so that others can go to heaven for ob eying? What do you mean by "Love is life, hate is death"?

http://atheistforums.org/thread-19389-page-29.html

My question stands unanswered. Why must I go to hell for not being for god? Why is there an absolute, given by god if he is indeed good? Why am I considered against you if I don't subscribe to your beliefs?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically? - by Mystical - July 19, 2013 at 1:29 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 6861 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 2002 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 9839 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44449 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8660 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2839 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Bible Study: The God who Lies and Deceives Rhondazvous 50 5574 May 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 12050 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4898 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9254 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII