Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed?
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed?
(April 1, 2014 at 5:07 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:

Its worrying the number of people who seem to think depression and other disorders are just whiny people..

I'm going to share something I haven't told anybody at all. I'm not diagnosed with anything and don't like to do the whole self diagnoses thing, I think its disrespectful to people who are diagnosed serious problems but hopefully you will understand when I'm done. I'll try keep it from being too long but here we go..

Using hide tags for the background info if people are interested:

Now for the bit I haven't told anyone. Once the winter holidays [from university] came, for some reason I just felt awful. Everything just sucked. I'd either sleep for 15 hours straight or not at all. I couldn't do anything, everything from eating to browsing the internet was pointless. I couldn't even think straight. I actually stopped posting here around that time because I could barely read a sentence and understand it. I'd had similar feelings in the past few years but never this bad.

I thought my own space and getting myself back into a routine might sort me out so I went back to my student halls like 2 weeks early. It started okay. I did feel more comfortable purposely tried to spend it all relaxing. Didn't work, by the time my course started back up I was miserable again. I forced myself through another 6 months. By the last couple things were awful, my course attendance had gone from 100% to only getting myself to a handful of lectures. I was at a point where I pretty much locked myself in my room, I left only once a day at the right time to avoid seeing anybody to quickly get enough food and drink to stop my stomach hurting so I could try to sleep. When I felt up to it I'd try go to lectures I'd turn up but at this point I wasn't even me anymore, just a husk. I remember standing by a crossing waiting for the light when I saw the bus coming, I just felt drawn to step in front of it. I have no idea what stopped me. Everything left of me wanted it. Pretty much every time I saw a big drop or something big and fast I had the same urge to just end the suffering then and there.

Luckily for me I turned up to a class that had been cancelled and a friend I had been hiding from wanted to chat. I'm guessing it was pretty obvious to her I wasn't right. By the end of the walk I'd decided to drop out and move back home. I figured in the state I was in I didn't stand a chance passing anymore and I perhaps being at home would help.

Its been like 9 months since I left and honestly I'm still not great, much better than I was then. I still can't look people in the eye, talk on the phone, meet people or have friends but I can get out of bed most days and no urges to step in front of cars. Feeling hopeless, exhausted and that everything is pointless still hits me pretty often but I manage.

So maybe that gives some insight to a couple of people who don't get it. Who knows. Where's Catfish when he needs to call you a crybaby?

To anyone interested I am trying to get up the nerve to see a doctor but its kind of tricky. I honestly feel sick, sweaty and shaky with just the idea of phoning to make an appointment let alone actually talking to a doctor.

TLDR;Can't look people in the eye, talk to strangers or make phone calls. Dropped out of university when I wanted to kill myself.

Messages In This Thread
Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by KUSA - March 28, 2014 at 4:31 pm
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by KUSA - March 28, 2014 at 6:28 pm
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by KUSA - March 28, 2014 at 6:41 pm
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by sven - March 28, 2014 at 8:31 pm
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by sven - March 29, 2014 at 8:28 pm
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by tor - March 31, 2014 at 8:36 pm
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by KUSA - March 31, 2014 at 8:36 pm
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by Nine - April 1, 2014 at 6:35 pm
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by tor - April 2, 2014 at 10:38 am
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? - by KUSA - April 3, 2014 at 11:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here trade the financial markets ? Bucky Ball 15 879 August 22, 2023 at 7:00 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Do not dumb here. Not a dumb area. no one 16 1306 June 5, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 827 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Anyone here try reddit? Atomic Lava 8 1020 November 15, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 1019 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Depressed? write your stuff here WinterHold 14 1177 July 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Anyone here know London or Berlin? shadow 17 4377 February 1, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: shadow
  When someone knocks on your front door when you're not expecting anyone. Edwardo Piet 60 9090 December 13, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Depressed for a very good reason dyresand 9 2884 June 29, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Lately, there has not been much need for me to provide my knowledge Foxaèr 5 1445 June 16, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13