Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 7:42 am

Poll: If you're not a Feminist, are you a Sexist?
This poll is closed.
Yes, because men rule the world and suck at it
8.00%
2 8.00%
No, it's a False Dichotomy and completely disingenuous
60.00%
15 60.00%
Unknown, how can you know if they're sexist that easy...
32.00%
8 32.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"If you're not a Feminist, you're a Sexist"
RE: "If you're not a Feminist, you're a Sexist"
(April 13, 2014 at 1:22 am)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(April 12, 2014 at 11:44 pm)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: Do you not hear yourself? Men are expendable? Really dude, really?

I said, "if need be, we are the more expendable". This is true from a reproductive standpoint as well as a psychological one. A society that loses half its male population will recover in a generation. A society that loses half its female population is decimated and will take much longer to recover, if it ever does. We are psychologically also wired to be the protectors of women and children, placing our bodies between them and harm's way. It's what we do.

Societies may vary on some of the other issues you hyperbolically brought up. Some may treat women equally while others regard them as chattel, per your example. But what remains unchanged in every example I know of is "women and children first". It's the golden rule that stays in place when the cities are burning, the land is overrun and all else needs to be dumped in favor of survival. When things really get bad for a civilization, when most of the men are dead, the women will take on a similar role guarding the children, risking their own lives as need be.

Sorry, I know this isn't politically correct to say. I know every time I point this out, the PC cops, white knighters and other idealists spring into action to deny this fundamental aspect of gender dimorphism, acting under the misguided notion that, dammit, equality requires nothing less than total and complete interchangeability!

Luckily, equality doesn't require interchangeability, contrary to the prevailing PC wisdom. Women can be equal and yet different.

I do believe that chivalry isn't dead. lol But, going with what you're saying here, the only problem I see with it, is that it implies that women want their cake and we want to eat it, too.

Can't have it all ways. If I want to be paid equally as a man for doing the same job, then shouldn't I be required to have to be 'as responsible' of a citizen, as a man? Men and women are biologically different, but it becomes worse I think for a society to cherry pick where women wish to be treated as equals, and where we 'draw the line,' so to speak.

Anyway! lol

Messages In This Thread
RE: "If you're not a Feminist, you're a Sexist" - by sven - April 11, 2014 at 4:13 pm
RE: "If you're not a Feminist, you're a Sexist" - by *Deidre* - April 13, 2014 at 2:31 am
RE: "If you're not a Feminist, you're a Sexist" - by Sedna - April 13, 2014 at 11:33 am
RE: "If you're not a Feminist, you're a Sexist" - by Sedna - April 13, 2014 at 12:04 pm
RE: "If you're not a Feminist, you're a Sexist" - by Cato - April 13, 2014 at 12:46 pm
RE: "If you're not a Feminist, you're a Sexist" - by Sedna - April 13, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great... now movie posters are sexist? IanHulett 114 13267 September 25, 2016 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why 'Women's Sports' is sexist ErGingerbreadMandude 83 8341 March 12, 2016 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Feminist Threatens to Rape Herself Anonymously LOL Shell B 38 10731 August 26, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Did I do something wrong? I just got called a radical feminist. IanHulett 29 3320 August 25, 2015 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  [split] I like to necropost :) (was Feminist reports rape threat made by self) Mothonis 6 3765 December 31, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Sexist washing instructions Doubting Thomas 23 6681 March 6, 2012 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Should Facebook Ban Sexist Pages? thesummerqueen 15 3001 November 6, 2011 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  How sexist are you? Facejacker 54 13177 August 4, 2010 at 12:25 am
Last Post: KawaiiKoneko