Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what really grinds my gears?: The moaning thread.
RE: You know what really grinds my gears?: The moaning thread.
this one?

It's like looking at a mirror! Big Grin

(November 21, 2014 at 1:29 pm)Losty Wrote:
(November 21, 2014 at 1:20 pm)pocaracas Wrote: From my point of view, to expect a tip is being a dick.
See how malleable a dick is?

You sit at a table with your family. Your server comes up with a smile takes your drink orders laughs at a stupid joke made by your annoying kid. You can't decide what to get, your server pretends to care with a friendly smile and helps you make a ridiculously elaborate order. Your server brings this order to the kitchen and fights a war with the kitchen staff to get your food right while being told off for bringing such a confusing order. He or she carries out food for your entire family on a huge heavy tray. Handling hot plates and making sure you are satisfied with what you have. After you take your sweet time you finally leave and your server has to clean up behind you. After all of this you choose not to tip your server knowing that he or she has earned $6 if lucky for all the work they've done to ensure you had a nice meal with your family. You think you're proving some kind of point about the tips system but you're not because the only person who even knows what you've done is the person who just worked their ass off for you for six dollars and has to go home eating yesterday's left over ramen noodles and call their parents and beg for money to pay their light bill. You've proven nothing, you've changed nothing. It's just being a dick.

What if I come in, know exactly what I want, ask for dish number 5, bottle of water, still, room temperature. The person brings those things. I eat and drink. Pay for the things I ate and leave.
Do you think that being a relay system to the kitchen and carrier of food from kitchen to table and empty dishes from table back to kitchen worth what I pay, plus 10 or 20% of that? what does that make it... $10~$15 per meal served?

Not everyone makes a mess of the place... in fact, most people act like I just described. But you go with the caricature of the worst customer, huh?

Can you believe I had never watched reservoir dogs and yet... the guy comes up with the same arguments as me?!
It seems, I'm not alone in my atipism! Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: You know what really grinds my gears?: The moaning thread. - by pocaracas - November 21, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3729 215159 4 hours ago
Last Post: brewer
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1132 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Did you know? Ryn 2 330 July 4, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: weaponoffreedom
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1910 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Do I know you? Losty 16 1315 October 21, 2019 at 5:03 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  10 things you didn’t know about Star Wars robvalue 3 875 March 20, 2019 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1362 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4247 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 6128 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I know something you don't know... Jackalope 98 17779 April 22, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie