Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 1:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Americans: What's the leading cause of death among the young?
RE: Dear Americans: What's the leading cause of death among the young?
(November 19, 2014 at 6:23 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(November 19, 2014 at 5:48 pm)Strongbad Wrote: Nope, I don't have any facts. That's why I qualified my statement by saying "I don't have any sources other than personal experiences". I didn't say most gun owners have a 'cache', I said most Christian gun owners - that I know - have a cache of weapons. It is my opinion that religious people are more inclined to own guns; you are free to disagree with me.
I don't think that you'd be able to determine something like that (even as an opinion) - even from your own experiences. You have to tip the hat the the fact that the demographics skew towards religious people, so seeing alot of them doing something wouldn't be a very good indicator of what the group is inclined towards, particularly relative to another group.

Let's say you knew three non-religious people, and only one owned a gun. Lets says you knew thirty religious people, and nine owned a gun. Which group, going by these numbers, is "more inclined" to own a gun?

Meh...I'll admit that my view may be skewed, because just about everyone I know is Christian, and they all own guns, and most of them, lots of guns. I'll still say that religious people are inclined towards gun ownership, maybe with a little too much enthusiasm.

(November 19, 2014 at 6:30 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(November 19, 2014 at 6:18 pm)Strongbad Wrote: I have always been a Molly Hatchet fan.

I'm not a big fan of their stuff -- though they had moments of rippingdom, guitarwise -- but I had that debut cover on my wall as a pimply teen.

FwD has a solo that was a big influence on my playing style, though.

Southern rock, in general, has been a large influence on my playing style. From Skynyrd, to the Outlaws, Blackfoot, Hatchet, CDB, Tucker, Allmans, I loved them all, and took a little from each.
"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dear Americans: What's the leading cause of death among the young? - by Strongbad - November 19, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 1939 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  Suicide among Christians purplepurpose 6 378 May 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Lucky-Assed Americans: What Will You Do with Your $1200? Rhondazvous 22 2785 May 2, 2020 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Dear Quarantine Diary Gawdzilla Sama 0 468 April 30, 2020 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Heart American Gods & The Young Pope AnubisBarba 4 439 March 25, 2020 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Dear Staff 2.0 no one 4 495 February 5, 2019 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How Americans view the British Cod 81 6526 December 26, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Something young kids today will never understand Foxaèr 114 12769 June 2, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Dear Customers, Foxaèr 45 3162 October 11, 2016 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy birthday, my dear Losty Foxaèr 7 1170 August 8, 2016 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Banjo