Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 2:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My problem with Evangelical Christianity
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity
Sorry to hear that about your friend. I too have had similar experiences with evangelical christians. However, through much soul searching I realise the following:
1. No one knows who will be in heaven or hell except God himself. God loves surprises and the people you think wont be there will be and vice versa.
2. Spitting in the kings face is a greater crime than spitting in a peasants face. Deny the creator lose your soul. God is the giver of all good things.
3. Murder someone and lose your life in jail or be executed. Murder the creator in your heart and lose your soul. Sad but true.
4. Life itself has punishment and reward. It keeps us motivated to do good. Thats just life. Likewise the threat of hell is gods way of keeping his believers on the straight and narrow. But hey thats looking at the dark side. What about Gods promise of eternal bliss if you follow his command to love. I dont know about you but this world sux. If there is a way out I want it. There has to be a heaven as this place is hell for some. God will bring about justice

Messages In This Thread
My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by Mequa - November 28, 2014 at 2:56 am
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by hobie - December 3, 2014 at 2:41 am
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by Minimalist - December 3, 2014 at 2:45 am
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by robvalue - December 3, 2014 at 3:09 am
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by Nope - December 3, 2014 at 8:22 am
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by Wiggy - February 21, 2015 at 9:59 am
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by Norman Humann - February 21, 2015 at 10:09 am
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by Pizza - February 21, 2015 at 11:27 am
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by Esquilax - February 21, 2015 at 12:04 pm
RE: My problem with Evangelical Christianity - by robvalue - February 21, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex-Evangelical Aleighus 11 2907 June 16, 2014 at 2:24 am
Last Post: CindysRain