Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Debate: ChadWooters vs Metis
RE: Official Debate: ChadWooters vs Metis
I issued my debate challenge to call the bluff of Metis who claimed to have a superior education, a Masters of Divinity, and deep understanding of the Church Fathers. This claim can be found here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-34816-po...#pid999597

My debate opponent, Metis, violated the debate rules by submitting a plagiarized opening statement, for which I forgave him and allowed to stand. He has now failed to meet the mutually agreed upon timetable. I will consider this second offence forfeiture.

My hope is that Metis’s inability to post in a timely manner is not the result of unfortunate personal circumstances. As for myself, I am not in a position to extend the posting deadline because of an up-coming vacation.

For those who followed the debate, I hope that my points have served to reveal the modern misconceptions about the Five Ways, like those presented by Metis, and thereby show that the philosophy of Thomas Aquinas is as relevant today as it was when it was penned.

Thank You,
Chad Wooters

Messages In This Thread
Official Debate: ChadWooters vs Metis - by Tiberius - July 21, 2015 at 10:43 pm
RE: Official Debate: ChadWooters vs Metis - by Metis - July 28, 2015 at 5:41 pm
RE: Official Debate: ChadWooters vs Metis - by Tiberius - July 30, 2015 at 11:42 pm
RE: Official Debate: ChadWooters vs Metis - by Neo-Scholastic - August 5, 2015 at 1:59 pm
RE: Official Debate: ChadWooters vs Metis - by Tiberius - August 5, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate: Is there sufficient evidence to believe in evolution? Esquilax 11 7443 November 15, 2014 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Official Debate: Are the Gospels based on a true story? Rayaan 6 6967 December 24, 2012 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Official Debate -- KnockEmOutt and Jeffonthenet Shell B 9 6518 August 27, 2012 at 2:56 am
Last Post: KnockEmOuttt
  Official Debate - Cinjin v Tackattack tackattack 9 5725 January 28, 2012 at 7:42 am
Last Post: tackattack
  lucent vs reverendjeremiah - official debate tackattack 4 2825 December 10, 2011 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Cinjin