Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 11:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bible made me an Atheist.
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist.
Quote:Pippy has a God of his own making.
That's almost a rude way to put it. One of the two faces of god is a personal side, that I have a lot of control over my interpretation of... Kind of like reality, it's all about how you choose to see it. It has nothing to do with ignoring logic. I have said it repeatedly, that we disagree on what is logical, not that either of us is dismissing logic, although it would seem to both of us that the other is.

Quote:Can I have one too? Mines gonna have a flame job on his robes and he ain't gonna look like a guitarist from ZZ Top. OH WAIT!! Even better, mines gonna be a chick, a naked chick with an oral fixation who regards my tally-whacker as her finest creation ever! Yeah, that's the ticket!
Sure. You can believe what you want, but to compare my beliefs to this bullshit your spouting is stupid. My personified face of god is a beautiful and morally upright thing that I use to help me act right in my own life. Yours in this rant would seem sexual, that is a disgusting personal god, and what you are pretending to believe in has no connection with what I believe in. If I hadn't learned the value of your opinion already, I might be greatly offended, and screaming mad.

Quote:Fine example of man creating God we have here. Damn, why didn't I think of this before?
You just don't listen do you. Go back and read my introduction post, if you have to. I believe in two side, two definitions, of god. One is personal, and controlled by me. The other is objective, and I don't know too much about her for sure. So accuse me of making up god, and I can accuse you of denying the obvious god, and we can both feel superior like we were in kindergarten bullying each other with the extent of our childish wits. Unimpressive.

Quote:customizable theology
So you guys hate on religious people. So I say 'I am a believer, but not religious'. And then instead of me being an idiot for letting other people tell me what to believe, I am an idiot for believing what I feel to be right. Seems like a lose-lose. So the only way I won't get torn down on this site is if I convert to your shitty system of disbelief? I am only asking for the same right you demand. To believe what I feel to be true. If you are allowed to be an atheist, I feel I am allowed to be a believer. And you opinion on belief is a lot like your one on the war. Completely the opposite of mine, and seemingly close to madness and very poorly presented.

I don't like posting angrily first thing in the morning. Try to say what you feel you must without being as dismissive and rude. If you could, but hey, believe what you want about the right way to act.

Quote:Act now and for the low low price of negating logic you can just make up whatever the fuck you want and nobody can argue with you because if they do they will be seen as "intolerant" which is BAD because in this day and age no judgments are acceptable.
Am i intolerant of your making up atheism? You guys made up "whatever the fuck" belief system you wanted, but if I do something that partially seems like that, I am denying the logic you all see in your infinite fucking wisdom. You atheists believe what you want, and disbelieve what you want. I am doing the same, and I am negating logic?

Quote:I've heard it said that if you stand for nothing you will fall for anything.
Funny, I am the one here that believes in something, not in nothing. If anyone 'stands for nothing' it would be an atheist, right? To say I 'stand for nothing' is also very rude. I would take offense to it, but I don't care what you guys think. I only care what people say if it is presented both respectfully and logically... Something sorely lacking on this website.

Thank you both of you, for your valuable and heartwarming input to the conversation.
All I can do is shake my head.

-Pip

Messages In This Thread
The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Dotard - December 5, 2008 at 11:00 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Tiberius - December 6, 2008 at 8:07 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by The_Truth - August 21, 2009 at 8:19 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Edwardo Piet - December 6, 2008 at 2:06 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Mandi - August 5, 2009 at 11:01 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Dotard - August 5, 2009 at 11:06 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by chatpilot - August 6, 2009 at 4:22 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Pippy - August 6, 2009 at 8:03 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Dotard - August 6, 2009 at 8:28 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Pippy - August 6, 2009 at 9:32 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Edwardo Piet - August 6, 2009 at 5:21 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by chatpilot - August 6, 2009 at 12:34 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Minimalist - August 6, 2009 at 12:50 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by chatpilot - August 6, 2009 at 1:10 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Minimalist - August 6, 2009 at 5:16 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Dotard - August 6, 2009 at 7:27 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Pippy - August 6, 2009 at 9:21 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Edwardo Piet - August 8, 2009 at 10:35 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Samson - August 7, 2009 at 2:46 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Violet - August 7, 2009 at 4:04 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Dotard - August 7, 2009 at 9:06 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Rhizomorph13 - August 7, 2009 at 2:31 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Dotard - August 7, 2009 at 3:36 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Pippy - August 7, 2009 at 9:20 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Dotard - August 8, 2009 at 7:55 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Pippy - August 8, 2009 at 7:21 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Pippy - August 9, 2009 at 2:58 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Edwardo Piet - August 13, 2009 at 7:09 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by padraic - August 9, 2009 at 5:34 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Dotard - August 9, 2009 at 9:16 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Pippy - August 10, 2009 at 2:56 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Dotard - August 10, 2009 at 6:30 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Tiberius - August 21, 2009 at 8:45 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by The_Truth - August 21, 2009 at 9:01 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Ephrium - August 26, 2009 at 11:05 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Tiberius - August 21, 2009 at 10:16 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Samson - August 21, 2009 at 11:44 am
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Rhizomorph13 - August 21, 2009 at 1:19 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Minimalist - August 21, 2009 at 1:49 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Samson - August 21, 2009 at 4:55 pm
RE: The Bible made me an Atheist. - by Minimalist - August 27, 2009 at 1:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What made you change your views? pulzar 29 8652 July 21, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The X-Files made me an atheist. Yup, you read that right. Clueless Morgan 14 5545 June 6, 2013 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Becoming an Atheist in the Bible belt AtcAtheist 12 5020 November 8, 2012 at 7:29 am
Last Post: jonb
  How Catholics Made Me Atheist Herroimnathan 6 4012 February 15, 2012 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Reforged