Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!hangman
RE: !hangman
(April 30, 2010 at 6:56 am)Saerules Wrote:
(April 30, 2010 at 6:49 am)Tiberius Wrote: I wonder if it's more advantageous to go for letters in the order they appear in letter frequency tables (e, t, a, o, i, n, ...)

That's what I've been doing to last bunch of games. It *seems* more statistically advantageous to me. I have in each one completely taken caution to the winds until after i entered in a-e-r-t-i-o-p-s-l-n-m. At least the e-s-t-a-i-o-n part should almost always be attempted (imo)... the rest one might debatably use d-c-m-h (at the least) instead Smile

Still.. i've only lost one tonight.. and I call myself on being a moron for using v Sad (from the shoutbox: "But i lost for the first time in a good 20 or more !hangman: Sorry Saerules, you ran out of lives! The word was "decadency" <-- I was a moron and used V to guess the middle for "*eca*enc*" instead of doing the end which would have been either y or h")

Edit: just got ""saturnine"!" lol... what is that? Tongue

"saturnine |ˈsatərˌnīn|
adjective
(of a person or their manner) slow and gloomy"

And i expected something of the planet ^_^

And here is the second loss from the a-e-r-t-i-o-p-s-l-n-m combination: <DarwinBot>: Sorry Saerules, you ran out of lives! The word was "knockdown".

Umm Saturn IS rather slow and gloomy sae ...I think it takes 28years to complete one orbit around sol.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Messages In This Thread
!hangman - by Violet - April 30, 2010 at 6:38 am
RE: !hangman - by Tiberius - April 30, 2010 at 6:49 am
RE: !hangman - by Violet - April 30, 2010 at 6:56 am
RE: !hangman - by KichigaiNeko - April 30, 2010 at 7:11 am
RE: !hangman - by Violet - April 30, 2010 at 7:15 am
RE: !hangman - by Tiberius - April 30, 2010 at 8:14 am
RE: !hangman - by Violet - April 30, 2010 at 8:20 am
RE: !hangman - by KichigaiNeko - April 30, 2010 at 9:35 pm
RE: !hangman - by Meatball - May 4, 2010 at 5:55 pm
RE: !hangman - by Violet - May 6, 2010 at 9:44 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Epic hangman wins on the AF Slack channel Jackalope 17 2146 October 20, 2016 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Alex K