Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 9:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you be an atheist and an I.D. advocate together?
RE: Can you be an atheist and an I.D. advocate together?
(October 3, 2015 at 4:23 am)houseofcantor Wrote:
(October 3, 2015 at 4:14 am)bambi_swag Wrote: Little thing you need to know here. The Bible, regardless of what happens or is, always makes sense to me because my life even if time machine existed to prove the Bible wrong. I'll tell you why.

I was a normal, intelligent skeptical unsheeple dude weary of organized religious idiots that are stuck to to one single book and can't get their close-minded off of it. I really do know how you feel about people like me who want to shoe horn their God into Science.

I can't say a big 3 page life story but I have become exactly what I have dreaded so I'm uncontrablly stuck with the Bible ever since two years.

.I've only been this faithy creatard Evolution-twister for only 2 years now so if you met me a long while back you would have been happier and met an open-minder  person.

But I'll remain this way for life. It's like I've been put under an uncontrollable faith-spell. I just no longer simply CAN'T view life outside the Bible.

Likely a function of repetition and ritual. If you're in an environment of "Bible," you're gonna have to get out of that environment to get out of it. And at 18 it's too early to tell if remaining that way for life is an actual consideration.
I was actually in an Environment of Hinduism and Islam most of my life. My parents gave up on prosletyzing me for being so caught in the Theosophic and New Age bullshit thay flies around. You may think I'm crazy or lying, but I literally became a Christian all of a sudden one fine day after a prayer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can you be an atheist and an I.D. advocate together? - by bambi_swag - October 3, 2015 at 4:30 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And this, America, is why you can't have nice things... The Valkyrie 28 5074 August 23, 2016 at 5:16 am
Last Post: Joods
  We can dare to dream of the stars again, if only we can achieve this small thing. Annik 49 18426 May 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda