Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 1:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero Motivation... how do you get through it?
RE: Zero Motivation... how do you get through it?
This has been around forever but there is much truth to it.

Quote:[b]I've recently been diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder) It manifests itself this way...

Last Saturday I decided to wash my car. As I pick up my car keys and start toward the garage I notice there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, separate the junk mail from the bills, and put the junk mail in the trash can under the table. I see the trash can is full.

I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash but then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash, I may as well go ahead and pay the bills now.

I pick my checkbook up off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking earlier.

I pick up the Coke to move it aside so I don't accidentally knock it over and notice that it's getting warm, so I decide to put it in the refrigerator.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke a vase of flowers on the bookcase catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the bookcase, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set my glasses back down on the bookcase, fill a small watering can with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote but nobody will remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs. But first I'll water the flowers.

As I go to water the flowers, I bump the bookcase and spill water on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, the watering can on the floor, and go get some paper towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall to the trash can trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day; the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, I don't remember what I did with the car keys, and there's a small watering can sitting in the middle of the floor. Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem and I need to get some help for it, but first I need to check the forums.
[/b]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zero Motivation... how do you get through it? - by Minimalist - March 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you get bored? zwanzig 19 1132 June 14, 2023 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 748 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Debate solely through the medium of memes Jacob(smooth) 6601 799302 April 13, 2020 at 4:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  [Serious] How do you get over your past mistakes? [Please Don't judge me] GODZILLA 12 1182 June 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A tale of American healthcare as told through one Doctor visit Figbash 14 1670 December 7, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  From where do you get your information ? notimportant1234 23 3457 January 9, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2379 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  You get what you pay for...? AceBoogie 28 3051 November 25, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why can't creationists look through God? ScienceAf 33 5767 September 7, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Overpopulation: You get to cast the deciding vote. Pyrrho 109 19223 July 12, 2015 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92