Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do girls like for guys as far as looks/personality?
RE: what do girls like for guys as far as looks/personality?
You may as well be yourself, it's a strain to be anything else that in itself can be a barrier to being attractive.

I'm a little over 5'5". When I was younger and much better looking, I hardly got any 'action'. Now I'm older, fatter, and wiser; and somehow still ten times as attractive as when I was a short but otherwise strapping farm boy. Looking back, I can see it was shyness, lack of confidence, and undeveloped social skills that put me behind many of my peers romantically. Probably being brought up in a strict Pentecostal household and moving an average of twice a year had a lot to do with my lacks. But it was nothing that experience couldn't fix. Eventually I was floored one day by a younger friend expressing envy of how naturally being a (not the) center of attention at a party came to me.

It's VERY important not to become bitter towards women for not recognizing what a catch you are. No one owes you anything when it comes to love or sex. Bemoaning that women don't go for nice guys like you doesn't help, and trying to be 'one of the bad boys' won't either. Genuine confidence and not taking rejection too personally goes farther than looks. No one is everyone's cup of tea.

It took me about 20 years of only getting laid when I was hard up enough to lower my standards (which never led to anything I'm proud of, but I needed to learn lessons there, too) before things turned around for me. I'm sure you can do much better than that.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: what do girls like for guys as far as looks/personality? - by Mister Agenda - May 24, 2016 at 10:14 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoidant Personality Disorder Ahriman 12 997 October 20, 2022 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 706 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Of my usernames so far Foxaèr 11 556 June 12, 2021 at 11:06 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  One for the guys onlinebiker 15 736 October 5, 2020 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You guys heard of Turo? ignoramus 21 1491 December 10, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: GUBU
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3154 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  2019 has sucked a fat one so far SteelCurtain 11 1425 February 19, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  International Women and girls in Science Day! Divinity 9 954 February 11, 2019 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The "good guys" - models of kindness and tolerance onlinebiker 26 1743 November 9, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Who says drunk girls in a club aren't fun brewer 30 5276 November 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist