Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crusades: an ongoing psychological disorder?
RE: The Crusades: an ongoing psychological disorder?
(December 8, 2016 at 6:58 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I am against the trend of wearing cod pieces. I mean whats with wearing a false penis and parading around your castle! if we are going to be angry about things that happened literally hundreds of years ago why stop at the crusades, why not be angry at the saxon deposition of the Celts, duplicitous bastards or the invasion of Britain by the normans, they come over here with their castles......

What can you do, humans love to die in style, death would be boring if people just stopped to wear the some colors in battle.

ApeNotKillApe

Quote:I see, you inject nuance the moment it becomes convenient for you. You're allowed to say Europeans are this and Arabs were that but when I do the same, suddenly things aren't that simple.

Suddenly it's not fair to make a blanket judgement of entire communities, not because it's unreasonable to do so, but because it breaks your narrative.

The moment you begin to engulf "an eye for an eye" in debates, is the moment the debate gets out of control and people fail to communicate.

I said Arabs are this and Europeans are that because I had to, nothing was personal, I was proving a point; I wasn't trying to bash you, or bash Europeans, or bash Arabs; I was translating a long speech that is so bloody and gruesome, and post my translation the way I see it; it was weighing heavily on my chest that's all.

Chimp3

Quote:Litmus test for peaceful religion: 

Stand in the middle of Mecca, Tel Aviv, or the Vatican and say out loud "I am an atheist!".  See what happens.

It's a defense mechanism; nothing more and nothing less. It's lack of confidence in the faith of the person facing the atheist; atheism provides criticism at its best, and let's be honest: humans who believe in weak ideologies cannot handle criticism, so it is translated to direct assault that even reaches the level of violence.

Rhythm

Quote:Which invasion was the problem, again, the one that granted the caliphate control of the city, or the one that ousted them? On the subject of people accepting responsibility for the destruction they cause, had the religion of peace not engaged in the most explosive campaign of military expansion seen since the roman empire.........maybe there would have been no crusades? Maybe, what if, etc tc etc. The important thing is, it's not islams fault, it wasn't anything the caliphate did....cause, you know, look how well the invasion of spain turned out, lol?

Actually, I want to note that the first crusade to ever be waged, took place long before Islam:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab%E2%80...ntine_wars

Quote:The last of these wars ended with victory for the Byzantines: Emperor Heraclius regained all lost territories, and restored the True Cross to Jerusalem in 629.[3]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab%E2%80%93Byzantine_wars#cite_note-3][/url]
True Cross?Jerusalm?

These guys were fighting Persians on Arab later to become Muslim lands, for a Christian cause, long before Mohammed peace be upon him is even born. What are a group of Italian-wanna be Eastern Roman invaders are doing in Arab lands, anyways?

It's the Godfather 3 allover again.

Don Corleone has always had such a "Christian" plan for this region, and I can literally say "since the Hercules of Rome who fought for the ancient real Cross", and I'm literally not wrong Rhythm.

But Muslims can't fight the arrogant invaders, who gave them headaches for centuries? Arabs were smashed like bugs under Roman boots, they didn't begin that war.

But I'm a Muslim, so I must say the truth always. Arabs had no right to invade Spain, or Europe. That's why Turkey is now Muslim and Spain is not. Also, Muslims payed a heavy price for their heavy invasions, billions but living in poverty, defeated and broken, look at the Arab world, the most terrible dictators rule them, and their eliites work as slaves under super Kafer powers.

Is it wrong to believe that the voice of Vito is so badass? do you know that Mafia came as a clan fighting Muslims back in the day?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Crusades: an ongoing psychological disorder? - by WinterHold - December 10, 2016 at 12:09 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fucking Crusades Shinagami 12 3705 September 26, 2015 at 5:38 am
Last Post: TruthWorthy
  Jihad v. Crusades mralstoner 18 4193 February 27, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)