Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 2:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
Hammie I'm not going to block you. See u say things like "why am I even here" and its like.. hurts my heart. I mean, wtf am I supposed to say? Its the same post that started this commotion; people tried to give you constructive guidance and/or reassurances and/or criticism for sèeking reassurances, and things got heated. I personally feel you dealt Nymphadora an unfair response, thats the only reason I'm here. In short, I do care about you and Nymphadora and ShellB and Catholic Lady and Thumpalumpalicious and everyone else who don't want you to feel unwanted and leave feeling that way. We cant stop you from feeling that way, but I'm going to have to stop letting you make me feel bad when you post stuff like "I'm leaving and need reassurances that I shouldn't". Thats, literally, all this was about. Its dumb, you wear me out with your long post responses refuting people in other threads for trying to help you althen go to the departed thread and say you're leving, and I just.. cant. But that doesnt mean I dont want you around, ok? I just don't want to hold any responsibility for you feeling like u need to leave--by neglect or abandonment. You're a grown ass man, if you feel unwelcome its not because you're unwelcome on my end and thats the last time I'm going to say,it.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) - by Mystical - December 12, 2016 at 12:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10667 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 8226 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Mystical 5239 748401 May 3, 2019 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4259 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [user split] Further Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such. Angrboda 8 1499 September 29, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Banana split. Gawdzilla Sama 7 829 July 18, 2018 at 2:41 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 14323 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  [split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Jesster 229 29379 July 17, 2017 at 2:22 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  [split] Warm Greetings - The Not Welcome-y Stuff BrianSoddingBoru4 74 8087 May 24, 2016 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  [split] FSTDT Fundie Of The Year Awards 2015 Rev. Rye 173 40764 February 3, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Violet