Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Machine Learning & Predictive Modelling
RE: Machine Learning & Predictive Modelling
What's the book?

I am also definitely still a noob, but I am making a bit of progress.
You might be interested in Kaggle, it really gave me a nudge in the right direction.
I am the kind of person that enjoys seeing results as I build a working knowledge of a subject. And kaggle is a good source for that kind of stuff.
The forums there have lots of kernels that you can pull from and just build upon from other users. And they also have some quick tutorials that help get your feet wet quickly.

The ML packages are also great since you can apply them with a marginal understanding, and then build upon them as you research them in depth more.

Really it depends on how you feel rewarded when learning a subject. For me the application and results as I learn is a solid motivator.

I'll have to take a look at "Learning from Data".

For the sake of "this is not a kaggle advert", I am not at all affiliated with kaggle other than as a consumer of their platform.

Messages In This Thread
Machine Learning & Predictive Modelling - by Aristocatt - January 9, 2017 at 2:19 pm
RE: Machine Learning & Predictive Modelling - by Alex K - January 9, 2017 at 2:29 pm
RE: Machine Learning & Predictive Modelling - by Aristocatt - January 9, 2017 at 2:43 pm
RE: Machine Learning & Predictive Modelling - by Alex K - January 9, 2017 at 2:49 pm
RE: Machine Learning & Predictive Modelling - by Aristocatt - January 28, 2017 at 11:08 am
RE: Machine Learning & Predictive Modelling - by dyresand - March 18, 2017 at 10:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Phaser worth learning? FlatAssembler 19 4577 September 6, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  telepathy machine reconstructs speech from brainwaves Jay1982 0 846 February 5, 2012 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Jay1982