Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions
I'm clearly not in the majority, as I can work out those fractions in my head, but for the multiplication I need pen and paper (or a calculator).
But... Working in programming for nuclear fusion diagnostics... I'm also not your average candidate.

I think the problem isn't what teachers teach.
The problem is the attitude towards maths displayed by most students, passed on from generation to generation, coming from the realization that, for the most part, calculus is a skill that is not necessary in the real world.
Also, no practice leads people to forget how to do things.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by pocaracas - January 15, 2017 at 5:36 am
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by Chad32 - January 15, 2017 at 8:55 am
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by Tiberius - January 16, 2017 at 12:28 am
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by Alex K - January 15, 2017 at 10:54 am
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by Cyberman - January 16, 2017 at 12:52 am
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by Alex K - January 16, 2017 at 8:12 am
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by Fireball - January 16, 2017 at 12:00 pm
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by Cyberman - January 16, 2017 at 12:29 pm
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by Rev. Rye - January 17, 2017 at 12:39 am
RE: Hardly Anyone Remembers How to do Fractions - by Alex K - January 17, 2017 at 4:03 pm