Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In UK atheists considred more moral than theists.
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists.
(September 5, 2018 at 5:03 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Seeking atonement is in addition to not wanting this sin, so it is not "just" not wanting this sin.
I don't understand your division. Sin is a stain. if you do not want the stain you have it removed. the only way to remove the stain is through atonement. so Not wanting sin not wanting the stain having the stain removed are all the same as they all channel through atonement. how can you separate atonement though this process?

Quote: The two are separate things and you can have one without the other.  If I do not want this sin, but I do not believe that Christ dies for my sins, I'm still going to not want this sin, yet I am not going to believe.
no.. that is claiming you don't want sin.. it is like me giving you a vanilla ice cream and you want strawberry, then I say if you want straw berry then come to the table and get it your self...

You may prefer strawberry but if you want is not great enough you will not get up and get it.

The same is true here when I say want I mean the type of want a man 2 days in the desert wants water or a man on fire wants the fire put out.. I'm not speaking of a lackadaisical preference that has no power of motivation.

Lets say your going out and you are wearing your favorite shirt, but notice a 18" round stain on your shirt. can I assume you hate stains? to the point where you would change your shirt, and if you favored your shirt you would make an effort to remove said stain. Otherwise who could claim they hate a stain on a nice shirt if they did nothing to fix it, and wore it out?

Your sin is that stain, atonement is the oxyclean. again how can you hate a stain and not make any effort to do anything? here the only thing that can be done for a hated stain is to attone.

Quote: Believing requires an additional step so just wanting isn't enough.
want and belief birth action everytime. other wise one of the elements is missing.

Quote: If I want to live to be 100, I'll need to exercise and eat right.  Just wanting not to die young is not enough to actually accomplish that feat.  So, no, you're wrong here as well.
I'm wrong to one who seeks to ignore how the phrases I used are used in the culture. You are not first year english. you understand varying degrees of want. you are smart enough to know all action has a catalyst, and in this case I described the catalyst as hate of sin. You should be able to see the truth in what I said. how ever if your need to be right out weight your need for truth, then you can have the arguement, and nothing I sad changes. Real want demands action.

Here's the 2nd half.

once you are redeemed once God has granted atonement then the sin we are apart of is solely judged on whether or not you 'want' that sin or not. will you make excuse for it or will you hate the sin? that is what is judged after we become a member of the body. Actual sin no longer becomes the issue that righteousness is determined by.

Paul illustrates this in romans 7

Sorry did not see you 2nd response, I did not have anything else so I wrote a response which s what is above.

(September 11, 2018 at 12:01 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(September 11, 2018 at 11:47 am)Drich Wrote: Now I will still say science is a faith based system of belief.

You say alot of things.

Tell you what...though, howsabout we challenge each others respective "faith based systems of belief"?

Imma sit here and call your silly god a motherfucker until he gives me boils....and you can go test out the theory of gravity somewhere really high up?

Conversely, I'll look both ways before I cross the street, and you can pray to the lord for safe passage?

The only thing you've made evident in this thread...is that you don't know shit...sport.

But again the principles of gravity and the idea that everything in the whole universe condensed down to the size of a basket ball are not an apples to apples comparison when it comes to science and you know it!

Messages In This Thread
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 12:59 pm
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 12:52 pm
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 11:37 am
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 12, 2018 at 1:24 pm
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 14, 2018 at 10:59 am
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 11:47 am
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 11, 2018 at 11:47 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 555 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2193 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Sad My mother believes in Jesus more than in me suffering23 56 9116 April 16, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Religious people are less intelligent than atheists Bow Before Zeus 186 21385 December 23, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3457 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1286 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Serious moral question for theist. dyresand 30 7524 September 1, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Why is Faith/Belief a Moral Issue? Rhondazvous 120 25814 August 21, 2015 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Recap - A moral question for theists dyresand 39 7527 July 15, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  A moral and ethical question for theists dyresand 131 18250 July 15, 2015 at 7:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus