Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost 20% of American women have been raped!
Almost 20% of American women have been raped!
Is this what hapens in a very religious country?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16192494

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Almost 20% of American women have been raped!
Quote:Is this what hapens in a very religious country?

Where else?

All the angry desert god religions treat women like shit.
(December 16, 2011 at 4:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Is this what hapens in a very religious country?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16192494

It's what happens in virtually every country.The real figure is much higher. Rape is the most under-reported of violent crimes.. I've seen no credible evidence that behaviour is related to religious belief.

Quote:Under reporting
According to the American Medical Association (1995), sexual violence, and rape in particular, is considered the most under-reported violent crime.[4][5]
The most common reasons given by victims for not reporting rapes are the belief that it is a personal or private matter, and that they fear reprisal from the assailant. A 2007 government report in England says "Estimates from research suggest that between 75 and 95 per cent of rape crimes are never reported to the police."[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics
Quote:It's what happens in virtually every country.The real figure is much higher. Rape is the most under reported of violent crimes.. I've seen no credible evidence that behaviour is related to religious belief.

Agreed. I think it's just sad mentally unstable and dangerous individuals who have no shred of morality or decency. Religious or not, sick people will do sick things. That's why we have prisons.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Does this mean that up to 20% of American men are rapists?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(December 16, 2011 at 5:31 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Does this mean that up to 20% of American men are rapists?

Perhaps, though I believe that rapists tend to commit more than one crime.

Come to think of it, a good portion of the men I have met in my life I would consider capable of rape. Not even close to half, but I would venture to say 20 percent. That is solely based on opinion, though and I have a habit of thinking the worst of people who make me uncomfortable.
ALCOHOL
The question is how we get the other 80% handled. Okay, okay, bad joke, but I couldn't help it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 16, 2011 at 5:31 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Does this mean that up to 20% of American men are rapists?

Not necessarily,the figure is probably a lot higher. The word 'rape' refers to consent ,not just to to brute force and injury.

Quote:That's why we have prisons.

--and [in the US] guns.Tiger

Quote:Perhaps, though I believe that rapists tend to commit more than one crime.

Seeing as most rapes go unreported,and most rapists are never caught, I'd love see your evidence for that claim.
Quote:Perhaps, though I believe that rapists tend to commit more than one crime.

Quote:Seeing as most rapes go unreported,and most rapists are never caught, I'd love see your evidence for that claim.

It's not a claim, pad. It was speculation. "I believe" indicates that I was putting forth an opinion. It's based solely on my experience and knowledge base.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women and Assault FrustratedFool 17 1175 September 2, 2023 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 5676 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 866 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1451 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1708 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5572 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  American imagery from movies from 90s and 80s Sweden83 8 1581 December 5, 2020 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Three months ago I would have been dead ... Gawdzilla Sama 21 1228 October 30, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 835 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 4838 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4