Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hobbit
The Hobbit
Hell Fucking Yes.

Official Trailer Release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...EOM13UyZ0A
I did a nerd dance on my bed.

Lord of the Rings blew me away in theaters - I expect this one to do the same, and I feel the same helpless feeling of wonder and joy when I watch this trailer.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: The Hobbit
It's going to be fucking awesome. Can't wait.
I'm really glad this is going to be made... and made well.... its only right after the great treatment the trilogy received....
I could dream and wish parts of The Silmarillion would be adapted to the screen (the "Valaquenta" and the "Quenta Silmarillion"; certainly the story of Beren and Luthien), but I fear that this will be the crowning jewel (funny, given its minor status in comparison to LOTR). I first read The Hobbit when I was five. No author more than Tolkien is responsible for giving me a window of dreams through which to look, and look I have-longingly, ever so longingly, toward the west.

Alas, despite its allure, all I see there is San Diego. Bring us more Tolkien, please.
Trying to update my sig ...
I want the 'saga of the exiles' to be made into films.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Many-Colored_Land

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I just got wood. Summer, you are my fave hobbit Big Grin

Oh, dear. I have to hurry and get another tattoo before the movie comes out and The Hobbit tattoos get all popular.
I saw that trailer last night. It looks like they might be doing it justice. And I am very glad that they are making two movies out of it so hopefully they will do the book justice.

By the way, I first read the Hobbit when I was a freshman in highschool - in 1972!!! Man do I feel old.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Orogenicman, that was the year before I read it. Cheers!
Trying to update my sig ...
I have been waiting for this since i found out Peter Jackson got the rights, donkey's years ago, I'm so fucking excited, and bar sex, nothing excites me that much.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video New Hobbit Trailer. 5thHorseman 26 7982 September 23, 2012 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Tempus