Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Beliefs
My Beliefs
EDIT: Just wanting to say hi now :blush:

Hello atheist forums!
RE: My Beliefs
(April 23, 2009 at 4:11 pm)Nye Wrote: Many gay people are gay because of social pressure or any other forms of pressure.

Are you being serious?

Anyway, welcome to the forum Big Grin
It's nice to see some strong opinions from someone so young, but claiming to know "truths" and "possesing buddhist enlightenment" probably aren't the best tactics to win over a believer. It's almost a stance of arrogance (regardless of how correct you may be).

Thanks for sharing with us, hope to see you getting into the debates in the forums.
I'm sure an admin or super mod will have a word with you about hide tags soon enough Tongue
(April 23, 2009 at 4:11 pm)Nye Wrote: To begin with, I would like to say that I have been wanting to write something like this for quite some time and the reason I am now doing so is when I stumbled upon this website,
[http://pulltheplugonatheism.com/]. I found it one of the most offensive, crude, weak and what I believe to be illegal websites I have ever seen in my years of internet browsing.
Pull the plug on atheism is a website by Ray Comfort who is nothing more than an ignorant fool, and his sidekick Kirk Cameron, who thinks (like Ray) that the non-existence of a crocoduck disproves Evolution. I can't see how it is illegal though. If it is illegal to express an opinion (regardless of the stupidity of that opinion) then your rant above is illegal.
Quote:If Christians are allowed to hand out bibles in schools and try to convert people, I do hope that in the course of my future, I can show try and convert people to atheism, because I, as a logically mature person truthfully know that there is no God. I am a 99.9% atheist because I believe that if there is a God, then he is most certainly an underachiever in
many respects and there truly is lack of evidence.
I think you contradict yourself here. Firstly you say you "know" there is no God, and yet you then go on to say you are 99.9% atheist. An atheist is someone who disbelieves in gods, so I fail to see how you can both claim to know and almost not believe. Knowledge requires belief; knowledge is a subset of belief. I'm the exact opposite, I am 100% atheist and I do not claim to know anything.
Quote: I am now going to make up a word. Grimp. My definition of someone who is a grimp, is somebody who is not deep-minded, somebody who is not mature enough to look beyond society, beyond knowledge, beyond all human emotions and see what they truly believe. Many of you readers will be grimps.
In my words, "all great grimps are atheists". It is true.
I disagree, and I wonder why you admit to being an atheist and yet someone who is not deep-minded and not mature. A little odd, perhaps you could explain? I personally think atheists are some of the most deep people you will ever meet. They have shaken off the chains of religion and belief in the supernatural (in most cases), and they know exactly what they believe and what they do not know.
Quote: A statistical survey showed that of American prison inmates, only 0.1% of them are atheists. Coincidence? No.
It wasn't a statistical survey, it was an email sent by a supposed analyst that I have debunked on my blog: http://atheistblogger.com/2009/03/13/ath...the-facts/

Pardon the pun, but the jury is out on atheist populations in prison, for a variety of reasons. Personally, I think if a proper survey was ever done, it would show that there is no correlation whatsoever between religious beliefs and prison population.
Quote:Many gay people are gay because of social pressure or any other forms of pressure. It is usually not their fault.
Any evidence for this? As far as I have researched, homosexuality is a mixture between genetics and environmental issues.
Hi Nye,

I reckon you might have got some of your post confused ... a grimp carries negative connotations right (lacking deep thought mainly)? You say atheist are grimps yet you are are an atheist? You're saying that you lack the capability for deep-thought?

Confused much?

Welcome to the forum though.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two different beliefs, one common cause The Grand Nudger 13 1397 October 11, 2017 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6688 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United