Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shatner does "Iron Man"
Shatner does "Iron Man"

Too funny!
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Shatner does "Iron Man"
Some people shouldn't be permitted to sing.
I believe that was the point. He knows he is a bad singer.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
I don't see how he couldn't know. He has ears, and presumably friends as well.

Big Grin
Have you ever heard him sing the 1960s hit "Wild thing"?

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(December 21, 2011 at 8:08 pm)orogenicman Wrote: Have you ever heard him sing the 1960s hit "Wild thing"?

I don't think I have, but I bet it's funny.

How about Bohemian Rhapsody?

http://videosift.com/video/William-Shatn...n-Rhapsody
How about William Shatner singing "Fuck you"?

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(December 21, 2011 at 8:03 pm)orogenicman Wrote: I believe that was the point. He knows he is a bad singer.

Actually Bill talks on key,which is a form of singing. See Rex Harrison video below from My Fair Lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnOI7G0rJ18

Given the frequency with which Bill has always insisted on singing, I suspect he has no idea just how appalling he sounds.To be fair,his singing is of a slightly higher calibre than his acting in Star Trek. Tiger

Bill's masterpiece "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-yy2URAYqU
A famous little clip, for the enjoyment of all.

"......nailed it!" LOL.

I think he does know that he's a terrible singer, and I think he realizes that what was once unintentional comedy is something that he can bring to the table intentionally at this point. Shat will crack jokes at his own expense, and it's not like he isn't an actor...capable of creating and maintaining a persona for the purpose of entertainment. The guy is my celeb hero..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God's man does it again Forsaken 2 856 November 5, 2012 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist