Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:07 am

Poll: Which party do you support?
This poll is closed.
Labour Party
10.53%
2 10.53%
Conservative Party
5.26%
1 5.26%
Liberal Democrats
15.79%
3 15.79%
UK Independence Party
15.79%
3 15.79%
British National Party
5.26%
1 5.26%
Green Party
26.32%
5 26.32%
Other
21.05%
4 21.05%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Voters
British Voters
Where are we thinking of putting our votes at the next general election? Is it going to be a two-party race? Where do we stand on the issues in Britain today?

I'm just curious as to which parties people are backing- if any.

EDIT: damnit, should have added a poll
RE: British Voters
I added one. Smile
Who voted for the conservative one?
I have decided to write to all the candidates to ask how they stand on one or 2 key (to me) issues and will vote for whatever party gives me the answer I like best regardless of other political issues. Obviously there are limits to that and I draw the line at the BNP.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
When will teh british vote? Is it next year or when?
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Thanks Adrian Big Grin
I forgot I made this thread- I was just about to post a new one under the same name Tongue

@ giff
The general election is due this time next summer I believe, but it seems all sides are pushing for an early election this year.
We've just had the local elections, and the results for the EU elections come tomorrow Smile

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:I have decided to write to all the candidates to ask how they stand on one or 2 key (to me) issues and will vote for whatever party gives me the answer I like best regardless of other political issues. Obviously there are limits to that and I draw the line at the BNP.

Kyu

Any luck with that so far, Kyu?
My vote goes for the Greens. I understand some of their policies are a bit out there, but the others all say one thing and do something else.

Maybe we should give them a chance and see what happens. We can always change our minds later. But one thing is for sure, climate change is becoming a major issue.
(June 7, 2009 at 12:18 am)g-mark Wrote: My vote goes for the Greens. I understand some of their policies are a bit out there, but the others all say one thing and do something else.

Maybe we should give them a chance and see what happens. We can always change our minds later. But one thing is for sure, climate change is becoming a major issue.

I'm also with Greens at the moment. Of the 5 campaign leaflets that came through my letterbox, only one of them was made from recycled paper- how about that for party consistency Wink (if you didn't guess, it was the Green's who used recycled paper). But that isn't their major selling point for me. I've had a good look through their website at their policies and they appear to agree with me on most issues and seem to have their priorities in the right place. I don't think any other party has quite the same comitment to climate change or any other exploitations of our planet either (overfishing, deforestation, etc).

This'll be the first election I get to vote in, so I'm looking forward to voting Greens unless I get swayed by some other party.

Side note: Doncaster elected an English Democrat. My poor constituency is on its way to nationalism Tongue
@ Brits:

My perception of this [utterly predictable] scandal and the political atmosphere in the UK is that Brown would have to be out of his mind to call an early election.

OF COURSE the opposition want an early poll: The investigation is still under way. They want an election before more dirty linen gets aired and whilst the voters are still in high dudgeon and likely to turn on Labor en masse.

As they say"a week is a long time in politics" In Brown's place it'd be holding on for dear life,in the belief things can only get better.I think that may be the case, the public finds out just how many Tories have had their snouts buried in the public trough,and how deep.

Regardless, I think the next British general election will be a corker.

Be interested in your views.Am I on the right cricket pitch?
It seem they are all totally corrupt. The power causes them to faulter & loose the plot.T

The sysytem is firmly in place. It will be very difficult to change it now. The 'system' is an entity unto itself. In that , it operates by itself. For us to 'grow' we must continue to consume more and more of the Earth's finite resources. In the end, there is only one logical outcome to the our expansion.
Many will disagree with this comment, but the truth is, the human race is treading a fine line.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most British voters support violence on brexit downbeatplumb 17 1374 October 30, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Jersey Voters Did Pay Attention Minimalist 2 499 November 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Independent Voters on the trump presidency Joods 31 2538 October 18, 2018 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Australia: Martyr complex among "no" voters GrandizerII 39 4614 November 21, 2017 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The GOP once again suppressing voters who disagree with them NuclearEnergy 27 6903 June 20, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  You British and your phrases Foxaèr 36 7884 June 9, 2017 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Democrats: learn a lesson from the British Foxaèr 2 449 June 9, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Up yours you racist, misogynist, ignorant Trump voters. Whateverist 11 2528 April 10, 2017 at 5:14 pm
  Trump voters, explained Aroura 33 4959 October 17, 2016 at 12:19 pm
  BalancedRebelion.com interesting website for 3rd party voters ReptilianPeon 0 680 September 13, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon