Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presentation
Presentation
LO,

Just registered now!
I live in Switzerland, Jewish origin...was once Buddhist...though not really, I just wanted to get continuity to this life, but then decided to be coherent with myself so now I'm waiting to become dust after my final day and am trying to enjoy till then.

Anything else needed as presentation? Will be happy to answer.

PS - I'm intrigued by science, not really the formulas, but the notion that even this method, the only objective tool to study the universe, accepts it own limits and thus, closes the door on any possible 'ultimate answer', ever.
Just find it amusingCool Shades
RE: Presentation
Welcome.

I have a question about leaving Buddhism. When you stopped being a Buddhist, did you drop everything, or did you hold onto to some of the things that can help bring psychological balance and drop the rest?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Welcome AF
Welcome Don from the Land Down Under Hi

And thankyou for posting your intro. (Your children still look adorable)
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
hey welcome to the forum!

I was once a Buddhist too. I Studied Mahayana Buddhist!
Welcome!

Wheres a bon bon for me don bon bon?
It's very nice to meet you, here's a cheesy grin Big Grin

How do, Don Bonbon,
How do, Bonbon

We're mostly very friendly so just dive right in

How do, Don Bonbon,
How do, Bonbon

Yeah! A cheesy grin!
Yeah! Just dive right in!
This! Song was written just

For you, Don Bonbon,
For you, Bonbon!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'