Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spreading Christ's message
Spreading Christ's message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16347418

Quote:Scuffles have broken out between rival groups of Greek Orthodox and Armenian clerics in a turf war at Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity.

Bemused tourists looked on as about 100 priests fought with brooms while cleaning the church in preparation for Orthodox Christmas, on 7 January.

Palestinian police armed with batons and shields broke up the clashes.

For best results, try imagining the embedded video to the tune of "Silent Night".
Oops, it appears Min beat me to the punch. Sorry about that folks.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Spreading Christ's message
Fucking police come in swinging their fucking battons. I may dislike the childish preists, but I dislike the police even more so.

Fuck 'em...tie the whole lot of them up in one big garbage bag and toss them away. Humanity would be much better off.
I find it somewhat amusing that the priests were laying into each other with broomsticks, like some kind of Harry Potter military re-enactment.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 28, 2011 at 4:35 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Fucking police come in swinging their fucking battons. I may dislike the childish preists, but I dislike the police even more so.

The only time when I like the police swinging battons is when the battons connect with priestly heads.

(December 28, 2011 at 7:22 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(December 28, 2011 at 4:35 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Fucking police come in swinging their fucking battons. I may dislike the childish preists, but I dislike the police even more so.

The only time when I like the police swinging battons is when the battons connect with priestly heads.

Hmmm..you do have a point.

Quote:“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Denis Diderot, no? How about Émile Zola: "Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest!" Same sentiment but with added irony.
I rated you up for that one Stimbo...glad you are on this Forum.
Thank you, glad to be in such good company Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Daily Show: Future Christ Faith No More 8 1793 April 17, 2015 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Jesus Christ in Richmond Park Welsh cake 0 1038 November 24, 2011 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  irreverent humor - ballad of jesus christ [mp3] bezboznik 0 872 December 21, 2010 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: bezboznik
Rainbow A Message To VenomFangX From A Christian. leo-rcc 0 892 April 5, 2009 at 6:43 am
Last Post: leo-rcc