Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Paul ad.
Ron Paul ad.
As much of a douche as this man most definately is with his want for ridding America of social security, education, taxes and dep of energy, banking regulations, in fact everything bar civil liberties. He's got it nailed on some foreign policy. Great ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKfuS6gfxPY

RE: Ron Paul ad.
We need to take back our own government, screw the candidates already in office. We can't trust any of them, we the people are the government not poloticians.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
I agree with ron paul about few things. I absolutely Abhor his domestic policies.
But Ron Paul's foreign policiy is where I absolutely have to say
RON PAUL!
RON PAUL!
RON PAUL!
WOOOOO!
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Paul knows that if he enacts his shitty domestic vision that he'll need all those troops back here to protect his sorry ass and the asses of his 1% buddies.

Fuck him.
This is how politics are won. You pick one aspect of life which no one can argue with, in this case foreign policy, and then fill in the rest with bullshit which helps yourself and your friends. Look at any bill in history, any political platform, any politician. Representative democracy is failing its people.
Brevity is the soul of wit.
You know though, Min, I'm honestly at the point to where I honestly realize that the 1% is winning the class warfare. They control the government, they have the best propoganda machine available outside of a total dictatorship, and they've gotten 40~some percent of the American public to fight for them (and those Voter ID laws prevent the majority from voting to their disfavor) and the more the government slides down that fascist oligarchy that the corrupt politicians are making, the more the voting public is being pushed.

Their medicare and medicaid is always under threat. Social Security and universal healthcare (mandates or otherwise) is all but doomed if the republicans get their way. The democrats are too spineless to help the general public assuming they're not swimming in the same money pool as the repubilcans.

I'm honestly at the point to where I want to see just how far this has to go before people start fighting back. The occupy movement is a good start, but I don't even know if it's making an impact and I'm just wondering just how long that'll last until they're all deemed terrorists under the NDAA and imprisoned for life without a trial.

I have to wonder just how far the public is going to be forced to this farce of an election given that Obama - Mr. Hope and Change is just Bush 2.0 and his "opposing" candidate is either going to be the same or exactly the same or worse. There are no good options and things are just getting worse.

I have to wonder just when people are going to start fighting for the kind of government they want.
Not even the conservatives in this country are finding candidates that they want to elect!
I feel really bad for saying it, but I'm almost hoping for a syria-style revolution against our own government.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Quote:You know though, Min, I'm honestly at the point to where I honestly realize that the 1% is winning the class warfare.

Sounds like France in 1789.

That did not end well.
What happens after the revolution? You have an angry collective with no goals and no knowledge of government. People need to be led, there's no way around that. The collective is just something that needs to be fed and contained. We need a small group of very intelligent leaders to campaign on a platform that will actually benefit the collective.

There will always be winners and losers, rich and poor, good and bad. No revolution will ever fix that.
Brevity is the soul of wit.
(December 30, 2011 at 5:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Sounds like France in 1789.

That did not end well.

Well, for better or worse, France today treats their 99% far better than we do. I'm sure France is far from perfect (like anyplace) but as the wise saying goes, it often has to get worse before it gets better.

Gottra remain optimistic. It's the only way to stay sane and keep a clear goal of where you want to go.

Quote:What happens after the revolution?

In the case of France? Napoleon I.

Revolutions are triggered by anger - not reason. That anger is building.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul Manafort fredd bear 21 3253 March 10, 2019 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Paul Krugman Called It Minimalist 38 6186 October 22, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Oops. Fucked Up Again, Paul Minimalist 2 577 May 18, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rand Paul Caves Like The Useless Shit He Is Minimalist 7 1679 April 23, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Unbelievable! Paul Ryan praises $1.50/week tax cut! Jehanne 14 2595 February 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Losing respect for Rand Paul shadow 127 11374 February 4, 2018 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Open Letter to Speaker Paul Ryan....... Brian37 8 2345 October 20, 2017 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2961 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Poor Paul Ryan Minimalist 10 2614 March 30, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1154 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus