Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YOU!
YOU!
Since people are making threads quoting other I want you to quote yourself.

Sort've like an argument or a claim you've made that's unique to you.
RE: YOU!
My claim is that all of reality was created by an experiment in time travel that went very wrong and has yet to take place.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Lifes a bitch, but it's my bitch.
Is "Sonic the Hedgehog" a religion?
(September 6, 2008 at 2:50 pm)Mystic Monkey Wrote: Lifes a bitch, but it's my bitch.

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one.
Would you yourself be ready for that kind of comitment to someone like life?
Is "Sonic the Hedgehog" a religion?
'Faith is the enemy of evidence, because evidence is the only way to support TRUE reality...faith just makes it up so its claims are extremely unlikely, regardless of what faith it is....even if I made one up right now.'

'Since there is no evidence for any God or anything supernatural...I could make up my own God... I will call him 'Wah Wah, God of the Wah Wah guitar pedal' he is just as likely to exist as any other God and this God sends atheists to Heaven and all who believe in him to hell....so why spend all your life following a holy book so you can get to heaven? Not believing in God or anything he says ( in particular) is just as likely to send you to heaven, but going to heaven or hell is incredibly unlikely anyway....so why not make up your own naturally moral purpose? Why not use your own natural empathy? There may be some moral ideas in the bible but they're outdated, moral standards have improved greatly since then... (take rights for black people, more rights for women and the legalisation of homosexuality for instance) why not get with the times and use your own naturally moral values, you can't really do any worse than the bible for instance because of all the immoral stuff in there... and if you can pick out the good parts of the bible you're more than capable of developing your own natural morals based on empathy and the like.'

'Why fill up gaps in science with supernatural beliefs based on 'made up' faith rather than waiting for the evidence? True there are a few; even a lot of gaps in science....but why fill these gaps with faith when faith is just one big gap? A gap which can be filled with piles and piles of evidence against the existence of supernature'.

These are the sort of thoughts i've had... I've never come up with anything word for word other than my name on here and 'Faith has no supporting evidence for it's claims' really.
One I just thought of: "Its better to believe things because you understand them properly than to assume you understand them properly just because you believe them." - me.
(November 7, 2008 at 11:58 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: One I just thought of: "Its better to believe things because you understand them properly than to assume you understand them properly just because you believe them." - me.

That's very good Big Grin Have a Cigar [Image: cigar.jpg]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Thank you but I don't smoke. Big Grin
I know its a figure of speech. If you'll pardon the pun.
"All of reality was created by an experiment in time travel that went very wrong and has yet to take place."

"Its better to believe things because you understand them properly than to assume you understand them properly just because you believe them."

The two quotes above have been properly plagiarised and now appear as original quotes by me on another discussion forum. [Image: Blurp_anim.gif]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]