Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee Conservatives Seek Protections For Religious Bullies
Tennessee Conservatives Seek Protections For Religious Bullies
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/01/04...s-bullies/

Quote:The bill is unabashedly designed to ensure that anti-LGBT bullying persists in the school system, as it specifically eliminates any protections or education that might help curb such harassment:

Harassment, intimidation, or bullying prevention task forces, programs, and other initiatives formed by school districts, including any curriculum adopted for such purposes, shall not include materials or training that explicitly or implicitly promote a political agenda, make the characteristics of the victim the focus rather than the conduct of the person engaged in harassment, intimidation, or bullying, or teach or suggest that certain beliefs or viewpoints are discriminatory when an act or practice based on such belief or viewpoint is not a discriminatory practice as defined in 4-21-102(4).

Angry
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
RE: Tennessee Conservatives Seek Protections For Religious Bullies
That's pretty fucking sick. The president of FACT shares the same last name of my children, and I live in TN. I feel like I need a scalding hot shower and a glass of lambrusco now.

They tried something similar here in Michigan, but there was too much backlash for it to pass.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Tennessee is not Michigan.

Lots of fucking morons in Tennessee.
(January 5, 2012 at 11:52 am)Minimalist Wrote: Tennessee is not Michigan.

Don't I know it! Imagine how I feel, being surrounded by them, all of them thinking I am the moron.

Angry

Guess they didn't believe their godboy when he is supposed to have said: Judge not lest you be judged. I've noticed they are not up on a lot of his bullshit.
(January 5, 2012 at 11:52 am)Minimalist Wrote: Tennessee is not Michigan.

Plenty of fucking morons here too. Michigan would be just as bad as Tennesse if it wasn't for the lower third of the lower peninsula. I was actually quite surprised that the bill didn't go through.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 5, 2012 at 1:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Guess they didn't believe their godboy when he is supposed to have said: Judge not lest you be judged. I've noticed they are not up on a lot of his bullshit.

All the nice things Jesus said are quickly dumped for the larger issue of saving souls from eternal torment in Hell. That's the problem with Islamo-Christianity and why they can't co-exist with other religions and with secular, free society.

You can re-read all the verses about "Love thy neighbor" and "do not attack first for Allah doesn't like aggression" to your heart's content but when you really believe that unbelievers and blasphemers will be condemned to eternal Hell, all that becomes a distant secondary priority.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(January 5, 2012 at 3:54 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: "Love thy neighbor" and "do not attack first for Allah doesn't like aggression"

Unless you like anal play. Did you not read those parts???
Cunt
(January 5, 2012 at 12:20 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Don't I know it! Imagine how I feel, being surrounded by them, all of them thinking I am the moron.

Angry

Consoling
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is gonna piss the conservatives off Doubting Thomas 6 1869 March 27, 2012 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Conservatives haven't changed all that much, have they? leo-rcc 8 2127 December 30, 2009 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995