Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Devil Inside
Wink 
The Devil Inside
The new release "The Devil Inside" was just premiered in theaters today, so I went and got me the golden ticket to watch this "documentary".

Let's top it off with an oxymoron: "A combination of science and religion"

The movie starts out with the call to the police claiming that this girl killed 3 people during an exorcism on herself. So after the murders are solved, the girl is put into a mental asylum in Italy, where her daughter is going there to film a documentary about what happened. She ends up going into this exorcism class, where they debate and go over what a "real" exorcism is, in which, one student is criticizing another student over whether the girl was possessed, or had a mental disorder such as Schizophrenia. So the girl meets up with 2 students that preform exorcisms without the church's permission, to exercise the daughters mother who killed the 3 people. So after a while of bending and breaking of the bones, the mental asylum stops the exorcism. So one priest who worked with the exorcism has to do a baptism and ends up drowning the baby, and then runs out of the church, and back to where the other priest is along with the daughter and the camera man. The priest that drowned the baby ends up committing suicide and then the daughter gets possessed by her mothers demons. They take her to the hospital and while she is stabilized they are waiting to see her in the waiting room after the priest said "IT'S NOT SAFE HERE!". The daughter ends up killing a nurse and then she gets dragged out of the hospital while being possessed. So while they are in the car she goes ham on the priest in the backseat, and he finally gets control of her, and then the demon goes to the camera man, who is driving the car. After a long blank stare, he speeds up the car and crashes, and kills everyone.

THE END

But let's ignore what happened in the movie, and get on to the real story. So apparently my mom is scared shitless over what happened in the movie, which wasn't even scary, it was funny. I expected this because when we watched Jurassic Park, she got scared and went to read her book. So me and my friend and my brother are in the car, and she is freaking out. We tell her that it is not real, and she responds "ARE YOU SERIOUS? IT'S A DOCUMENTARY, SO IT'S GOT TO BE REAL!". I expected her being frightened, but not actually believing it was REAL. What 44 year old teacher can actually believe that the movie was real?

NO HOPEUndecided

[Image: facepalm_implied.jpg]
[Image: 3737_image1.jpg]
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
RE: The Devil Inside
I'm not sure how to reply to this other than. . . wtf?

I have many problems with so-called documentaries, number one being that they distort the truth and wrongly convince gullible, superstitious fools (90% of my country, America) to believe in magic and bullshit. Those fools then go on to believe more in all the stupid little "magical" coincidences in their lives, and the cycle feeds itself until you have mobs taking away the children of Wiccans and xtians murdering their siblings for being "possessed."

You need to let anyone who thinks that "The Devil Inside" is real know that, if it were, it would be national news. Not a hollywood movie. Second, at best, it's a re-enactment, for obvious reasons. You don't just film a car crash in action involving the subjects of your "documentary" without doing anything to stop it. Third, their imagery is false. For example, in one of the commercials, I saw an inverted cross. They put this in because it scares xtians. In reality, the inverted cross is a holy symbol. The simple fact that they made up that tidbit just to scare people should cast doubt on the credibility of the rest of the movie.

Another issue I have with movies that claim to be real (and are not) is that they can get away with no story at all, just due to the scare factor of it being (supposedly) real. It undermines movie quality everywhere.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
Gee - another Documentary -

WHy not watch all the documentaries on the end of the world - I have seen dozens of them over the years. In those documentaries - people who seem to have good credentials make asses out of themselves by making assumptions that they cannot know to be factual - in order to support conclusions that turn out to be false..

How Many times was the world supposed to end in YOUR lifetime?
Has it done it yet?

Is it actually being billed as a documentary? If so then the producers are probably running the risk of misleading advertising or something. I've been looking around on the net, since I'd never heard of the film before, and from what I can see it's just another horror film in the realism style. "Inspired by true events" says the trailer, but then so were the likes of the X-Files pilot and The Exorcism of Emily Rose (which made a creationist out of VenomFangX, incidentally). I think if I were asked to categorise it I would call it a mockumentary, similar to the Curse of the Blair Witch on that film's DVD. That there are people who believe it as a true recording of events doesn't surprise me; it's yet another example of a desperate need to believe in something.

Rotten Tomatoes currently rates The Devil Inside at 7%, even lower than Expelled which probably speaks volumes. I'd probably give it five minutes though.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
They do this kind of shit to try to create a scarier atmosphere. They almost always fail.
Cunt
Done properly and subtly, it can be quite an effective technique. Probably harder to pull off nowadays, though, what with audiences being more aware of the trick. It's part of the reason why M. Night Shymalan disappeared up his own arse. The problem essentially is that they set a level of expectation for which the film has to be bloody good to be equal to, never mind exceed. Most films just aren't that good so they shoot themselves in the cobblers before they even get started. Metaphorically speaking of course; that would probably make a good film in itself.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Devil serves God purplepurpose 58 10746 January 26, 2018 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Inside The Mind of God Mental Outlaw 2 1272 May 6, 2015 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: dahrling
  Belief in God or the devil? itsjustintyme 18 6162 February 19, 2014 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Intimae_Hasta
  What the devil is a "gnostic atheist"? Doubting_Thomas 14 7210 October 7, 2012 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting_Thomas