Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Colbert-deGrasse Tyson Interview
Fantastic Colbert-deGrasse Tyson Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...Xh9RQCvxmg

I just had to add to this: these are the people we should have 'distributing' science to the world. People so fervently passionate about what they do, and eloquent enough to express WHY you should be amazed by it, even if it's not your particular "bliss." To hear him talk so excitedly about Hubbell discovering other galaxies, or to hear him quote the concept that we are "star stuff"... It's unfortunate that we can't get people like this in schools all over the nation - the world! - and yet so fortunate we live in an age where this video gets posted on a free public platform to be shared everywhere.

Dawkins said in an interview that not wondering where you come from gives you a sad, lonely existence, even if you don't realize it. That was a nice way of looking at it - that by refusing to learn, you box yourself in. But the way Neil describes it, even understanding how tiny and precarious our dot is in the universe, by understanding it as best we can, we seem to dance along with the cosmos. It's glorious. It's a glorious way of explaining why you should learn and care. I wish I could force the entire population of TX to watch this interview.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Fantastic Colbert-deGrasse Tyson Interview
I watched just about all of it, amongst doing some important shit. Nice one Summer that was excellent.
Yeah, I felt fortunate I'm laid up in bed with the flu and had the time to watch it (and that I came across it when I needed the distraction).
I'm watching it now.

Smile

Thanks for sharing this!!

Completely enjoyed it ...thanks summer
"Black holes remember everything they have eaten"

Amirkan...did you hear that?

1:07:00

There is a non-sentient entity experiencing something. I told you that inanimate matter CAN experience things. Consciousness is not necessary to gain experience.
Fantastic Colbert-deGrasse Tyson Interview provide us a lot of thoughts in life so we will get a best role and be supportive for best health so we will get a best morale and best direction in life.
(January 12, 2012 at 1:53 am)james john Wrote: Fantastic Colbert-deGrasse Tyson Interview provide us a lot of thoughts in life so we will get a best role and be supportive for best health so we will get a best morale and best direction in life.

I don't understand you.
Cunt
Nice, I love both Neil degrasse Tyson and Colbert. Neil's one of those who are really passionate about what they do. By the way he is presenting a new version of Sagan's Cosmos in 2012. Don't y'all miss it!

I am about half way through it, at the moment. Damn good.
Cunt
I'm trying to pimp that thing out wherever I can.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Cosmos fans: you're about to get another Neil deGrasse Tyson TV show. Mudhammam 14 2408 February 14, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Stephen Colbert with Space Archaeologist, Sarah Parcak Minimalist 1 736 January 9, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Cosmos with Neil De Grasse Tyson Premieres Tonight Minimalist 224 25380 May 15, 2014 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  An interview with Edward O. Wilson "the origin of morals" Something completely different 1 1108 February 26, 2013 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Nobody