Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drinking your own urine
Drinking your own urine
Would you ever consider drinking any if not all your bodily fluids that excape from your body?
RE: Drinking your own urine
Nope, because it's a one way system for a reason.
Is "Sonic the Hedgehog" a religion?
(September 5, 2008 at 10:21 pm)Mystic Monkey Wrote: Nope, because it's a one way system for a reason.

Show me on my body where it says one way.
Well you can't exactly eat or drink with it, it be painful.
Is "Sonic the Hedgehog" a religion?
Fresh urine is effectively sterile, so even though it probably wouldn't taste too good - in a survival situation it could be the only course. I'd much rather find an alternative way of hydration such as rainwater or edible plants or fruit.
As a rule, other animals don't drink their own piss.

I've never seen my dogs or cats doing it, I've never seen cows or bulls doing it. So I'll go with the flow, if you'll excus the expression.

In another post you shared you concern about the unknown chemicals that lurk in our food chain.
Now you seem to be considering the merits of re-ingesting the very waste products that your kidneys have just gone through all the trouble of eliminating.
Doesn't make any sense.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
Apparently urine drinking has been practiced for quite a long time as a 'health remedy' !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine_therapy

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...67303.html

"One of the prime movers in the movement, Martha Christy (author of Your Own Perfect Medicine) says that the first toilet visit of the day is the most beneficial. She recommends a regime beginning with five drops of "fresh morning urine" under the tongue before gradually increasing the dosage to as much as a cupful, morning and night. Urine can also be used as eye and ear drops, for gargling with or in the bath."

"Sceptics have even poured cold water on the theory that it can save lives on the high seas or frozen mountain tops. They say that the concentration of nutrients such as sodium will take more water to get rid of than is present in urine - meaning it will dehydrate you rather than helping to keep you hydrated."

"Helen Andrews, of the British Dietetic Association, said: 'There are no health benefits to drinking your own urine, and in fact I think it could be quite detrimental. Each time you put it back it will come out again even more concentrated and that is not good for health as it could damage the gut. If you are stranded, your body will try to conserve as much water as it can. Drinking your urine would be like drinking seawater.'"

Would I drink my own bodily fluids, no, they have come out for a reason, my body does not require them any more.
"May God bless her, and all who sail in her" - Florence Ismay, at the launching of the Titanic
(September 6, 2008 at 3:15 am)StewartP Wrote: Doesn't make any sense.

I'm internally inconsistent and after a chuckle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's everybody doing for National Drinking Day? GUBU 23 1668 March 19, 2022 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Shroud of Urine onlinebiker 2 393 January 25, 2020 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 60842 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Does anyone own a Moral Compass? I_am_not_mafia 13 1294 September 28, 2018 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is it too early to start drinking? Gawdzilla Sama 13 1399 July 22, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Profound Poetry by Our Very Own Brian37 Rhondazvous 3 615 July 4, 2018 at 7:39 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The only gun anyone should ever own Foxaèr 10 1609 May 20, 2018 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1119 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Deepak Chopra drinking game dyresand 11 1837 May 31, 2016 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  What are you drinking? Fidel_Castronaut 583 46006 August 18, 2015 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr