Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a slow but sure process towards rational thinking
Question 
a slow but sure process towards rational thinking
It wasn't like I woke up one fine morning and realised my atheistic state of mind. It began when I was a a school going "hindu" being accused of stealing a few coins and asked to swear to and before God I didn't do it. After all the drama, my parents discovered the coins slightly tucked away in a different place from where they initially placed them. Slowly I started moving away from religion and temples meant the tasty food and nothing more. My reading which intensified during my doctoral research moved me away and away though I was still clinging the last vestiges of religion. The break finally occured when I was introduced to Dawkins and from then on I never looked back. Hope to learn and share as long as I am active in this forum.
RE: a slow but sure process towards rational thinking
Welcome to AF!

Welcome Smile
Cunt
(January 8, 2012 at 12:13 pm)@heist Wrote: temples meant the tasty food and nothing more..

Hindus have tasty food!

I may have to re-evaluate my beliefs.Big Grin

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Welcome Enjoy your stay here @heist
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hello @.

Funny. We have xtian fools around here who hear about Dawkins and run shrieking back to their book of fairy tales seeking comfort. I guess they are the products of inferior education.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prison got me thinking about atheism Reasoned 10 3802 February 12, 2017 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  What was I even ever thinking? katiefranco 5 2094 November 18, 2013 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Owlix
  Deconversion process help me Bohook24 23 11372 June 14, 2013 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  The long slow way Terr 0 1248 May 24, 2013 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Terr
  Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... dave4shmups 47 13683 September 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: dave4shmups