Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brick Testaments
The Brick Testaments

I've almost got through the whole lot and have found them to be one of the most interesting things I've ever read.

If I was ever unsure of whether God existed or not then the Brick Testaments have concluded beyond any doubt that it’s all made up nonsense.

Using modern English and Lego has removed the mystical veil from the biblical stories and shown them for what they truly are.

Can I now argue that I’ve read the Bible or does the Brick Testament miss out some important text/information?

RE: The Brick Testaments
Did you read revelations?

That is some seriously fucked up shit.

If you wish further reading the skeptics annoted bible is also good.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/index.htm
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 9, 2012 at 7:29 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Did you read revelations?

I was genuinely in shock through most of my reading. Reading ‘Job’ actually had me laughing at its ridiculousness.

I really would like to see this type of Lego format used to explain historical facts as its such an easy way to learn history (or fantasy in the case of the bible).

Thanks for the other recommendation, its next on my reading list but I’m currently tackling a Richard Dawkins book.
(January 9, 2012 at 7:45 am)Chriswt Wrote:
(January 9, 2012 at 7:29 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Did you read revelations?

I was genuinely in shock through most of my reading. Reading ‘Job’ actually had me laughing at its ridiculousness.

I really would like to see this type of Lego format used to explain historical facts as its such an easy way to learn history (or fantasy in the case of the bible).

Thanks for the other recommendation, its next on my reading list but I’m currently tackling a Richard Dawkins book.

And then the christians will tell you that without the bible you can't have a moral compass.
ROFLOL
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Which Dawkins Book is that Chris?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 9, 2012 at 8:07 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Which Dawkins Book is that Chris?

I'm reading the Magic of Reality.

Its a good book and explains alot but the way in which some of it is written could easily be picked upon by a Militant believer and torn apart.

(January 9, 2012 at 8:41 am)Chriswt Wrote:
(January 9, 2012 at 8:07 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Which Dawkins Book is that Chris?

I'm reading the Magic of Reality.

Its a good book and explains alot but the way in which some of it is written could easily be picked upon by a Militant believer and torn apart.

Oooo I haven't read that one!! Will keep an eye out for it! Thumb up

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Reality-Know...1439192812 ...So waant!!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 9, 2012 at 7:23 am)Chriswt Wrote: I've almost got through the whole lot and have found them to be one of the most interesting things I've ever read.

If I was ever unsure of whether God existed or not then the Brick Testaments have concluded beyond any doubt that it’s all made up nonsense.

Using modern English and Lego has removed the mystical veil from the biblical stories and shown them for what they truly are.

Can I now argue that I’ve read the Bible or does the Brick Testament miss out some important text/information?

If you have read the brick testament, then you can say "I read the Cliff's notes version" of it.

If you tell the fundies you read the "brick testament" they will laugh at you and scoff anything you say about the bible....but that really doesnt matter. I have read the king james version cover to cover almost 3 times now, but they STILL dont believe me when i tell them what that book says.

Some will say "thats cause you are reading an older version...read the new translations"

Why should I waste my time doing that?
(January 9, 2012 at 9:37 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: If you have read the brick testament, then you can say "I read the Cliff's notes version" of it.

If you tell the fundies you read the "brick testament" they will laugh at you and scoff anything you say about the bible....but that really doesnt matter. I have read the king james version cover to cover almost 3 times now, but they STILL dont believe me when i tell them what that book says.

Some will say "thats cause you are reading an older version...read the new translations"

Why should I waste my time doing that?

I think I will just tell people I've read the Bible because if they quiz me I'll almost certainly have a good enough understanding of it to fool anyone who's claimed to have read the real thing.