Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 1:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza Ranch
Pizza Ranch
..and you might have thought the owner of Dominoes was nutty?

http://pizzaranch.com/about-us/index.php?id=29

Quote:Our Mission

Establish every Pizza Ranch® as a business ministry opportunity where our guests receive a legendary experience through quality food and service; and where we take a positive leadership position in the community we serve and equip our employees with tools to lead happy and productive lives.

Our Vision

To glorify God by positively impacting the world we live in.

Visit our Mission/Vision blog, http://www.pizzaranchserves.com, to see how Pizza Ranch and our franchisees are living out this vision.
RE: Pizza Ranch
I really don't care if religious people want to run businesses, but I hate it when they think they have to rub their customers' noses in it. I guess as long as they don't preach to customers they'll probably do OK. But personally, I'd rather not patronize a business when I know my money is probably going to groups or causes I despise.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I came on this thread thinking "Pizza Ranch? Sounds like the best damn salad dressing EVAH!"
I am dissapoint.

... though since it's not a real product.... *grabs thread, runs to patent office*

More on the topic, I remember someone from Dominoes some time ago and basically telling us that their core product is why their business is doing so poorly. If they want asses in the seats of their pizza restraunt, then they need a good PIZZA and not a daily reminder about how Jesus' fishes and loaves were probably far more edible (and more fresh) raw than Dominoes' pizza.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Is Pizza Ranch's audience target the Christians? Well, I won't eat their food - it'd taste bad to me, psychologically. It's sad that Pizza Ranch didn't give credit to these farmers, cookers, technology and industry for their labor to provide food supply to humanity.

Looks Evangelism?
(January 9, 2012 at 7:10 pm)Blam! Wrote: Is Pizza Ranch's audience target is Christians?

It's pretty clear to me that they aren't interested in our (non-believers) business.
(January 9, 2012 at 7:22 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(January 9, 2012 at 7:10 pm)Blam! Wrote: Is Pizza Ranch's audience target is Christians?

It's pretty clear to me that they aren't interested in our (non-believers) business.
Yeah. It's pretty obvious. I don't know if Pizza Ranch's business violates a secular constitution of some sort. If there is one, they'd have legal issues.
(January 9, 2012 at 7:34 pm)Blam! Wrote:
(January 9, 2012 at 7:22 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

Yeah. It's pretty obvious. I don't know if Pizza Ranch's business violates a secular constitution of some sort. If there is one, they'd have legal issues.

I actually don't mind when businesses are this open about voicing that they don't want my business. I'm more than happy to oblige them, and I'm sure their competition appreciates it.

Well I'm not in the States so it doesn't affect me, but even if that were here I'd be happy to go elsewhere. I live in a smallish suburb in Melbourne (about 52,000) and we have at least 10 pizza places here (not counting Dominos or Pizza Hut)

No skin off my nose Big Grin
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
I'm still getting over the fact that a Bacon, Ham and Steak Pizza can be boxed with the label 'Halal'
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5