Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey!!
Star 
Hey!!
My name is Mary Condon. I am a full-time college student and a full time member of the National Atheist Party. I am a strong supporter of a secular government. I do not think that religion should play any role in the making of laws or any aspect of government or government funded institutions. I feel that the National Atheist Party is the best way for people to organize and campaign for a secular government. It gives atheists, agnostics and others a political voice. In our current political climate it is especially essential that we speak up. New laws are being passed every day with their only justification being based on religious reasoning. I think it is high time we stand up and ask our current political candidates “What are you doing for atheist voters?”
http://www.usanap.org/events/questioncampaign.html/
RE: Hey!!
Hi and welcome. Hoping you will become a regular contributor...
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hello, Mary.
hi Mary, welcome to the forums.
Glad to be here. I've been trying to become more active with the online atheist community. I am an active member of the National Atheist Party and part of the PR committee and I would like to become better integrated with the atheist community as a whole. There are not many local outputs for me to meet like minded people.
You could try convincing theist we are not evil like me, I help out the local churches when they need it. So far only my friends church listen's to me and are convinced the holy ghost has me. If im preaching which is probobly what they consider me doing, it's humanity, equality, love and peace. I tell them no matter how well you raise your family, no matter what it is you don't do personally to others. As long as you allow children to be worked to death for a quarter a day for the clothing you wear. As long as you allow war and genocide to be commited by your christian nation. As long as you starve nations to death such as colombia for what a few people do. As long as you use the drugs innocent people die for by the thousands. You're going to hell, because it's within your power to stop it. So go ahead and preach jesus, you still commit acts on satans behalf. Willing or unwilling you still do it knowingly, just because it's not infront of you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just make them see why they aren't the devoute christian followers of good they believe they are and some will listen. Not all, but some is better than none.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(January 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm)m.condon Wrote: I feel that the National Atheist Party is the best way for people to organize and campaign for a secular government.

No offense, but that sounds like exactly the wrong thing to do if you want to create a "secular" government.

Secular =/= Atheist.
Yeah, just the sound of "National Atheist Party" gives me the willies.

Welcome to AF.
Yeah, I have to agree Adrianicus and the Shellisaur on this one.

Welcome.
Cunt
*smells of fascism

Hi Mary.

I am thinking that "National Atheist Party" is just another knee jerk reactionist group that America really can do with out.
my2c
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3253 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1835 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 613 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2341 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey Bulxy88 13 2042 July 2, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Bulxy88