Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Freed Me From Religion
Smile 
School Freed Me From Religion
I was raised in a very strict Christian home.I was a Baptist who first began questioning that denomination since I was around eight years old.I went through the motions and eventually embraced Catholicism at age 21.I graduated college with a degree in English Literature in 1999 and promptly started going from one minimum wage job after another(and also from the Catholic Church to ELCA Lutheranism, to the Mormons, to the Baha'is to the Buddhists to the Asatruar).In January of 2008, I started going to ECPI for a degree in Medical Assisting and thus began learning certain things about the human body. I also began investigating a bit on the enviornment and science. I finally became an avowed atheist after a lot of thought,study and research on the topic.I respect everybody's right to hold to their own beliefs, but I do ask that my lack of belief in the "supernatural" be respected also.The hypothesis of "God" is truly unnecessary in the natural world, as natural selection can explain our biological complexities and our enviornment is a self-contained biosphere that includes natural selection.
RE: School Freed Me From Religion
Congrats.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Seems like you put a lot of work into becoming the person you are today, grats.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Ditto @ what Demonaura said, you seem like a very determined guy Gooding. Good job and good luck in future too.

EvF
(May 4, 2009 at 12:24 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Ditto @ what Demonaura said, you seem like a very determined guy Gooding. Good job and good luck in future too.

EvF

Thank you,EvF, and ditto to you, Dotard and Demonaura! I've read some of the posts here and this really looks like a thought provoking forum that's not hampered by superstition.Smile Reading some of the stories here about how people have escaped brainwashing and mental slavery has been very inspiring for me.
Congratulations Gooding and like the other said, good job!
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
(May 4, 2009 at 9:25 pm)Gooding Wrote:
(May 4, 2009 at 12:24 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Ditto @ what Demonaura said, you seem like a very determined guy Gooding. Good job and good luck in future too.

EvF

Thank you,EvF, and ditto to you, Dotard and Demonaura! I've read some of the posts here and this really looks like a thought provoking forum that's not hampered by superstition.Smile Reading some of the stories here about how people have escaped brainwashing and mental slavery has been very inspiring for me.

I'm glad you like the forums. And I'm glad you have been inspired (or very inspired as you put) by some of the stories here.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Kid at School OhWord 41 8107 June 7, 2014 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Hitchslapped and freed. Geronimo 11 5672 July 24, 2012 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance