Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A short introduction
A short introduction
Hello Forum Folks,

I was born in germany to an agnostic father and a believing mother.
Religion played no big role in our household and I think I was an Atheist very early on, without actually knowing it.
I am interested in spreading rationality and skepticism. At least since I came across the creationist movement, which I think is as hilarious as it's dangerous.

I started to learn english in school but started to put it to use 2-3 years ago or so. So please forgive me my mistakes, feel free to correct me and read it with a thick german accent in your head, if you like. Big Grin

When it comes to forums, I am more of a lurker, but also not afraid to jump into the fray.
My humor is a mixture of sarcasm, irony, goofyness and Batman's "The Joker", so I hope I won't make too many enemies. Angel

My nickname is a humurously meant tip of the hat to the Tiktaalik, of which Paleontologists suggest that it is representative of the transition between non-tetrapod vertebrates and early tetrapods.
As transitional fossils don't exist, at least if you believe Ray Comfort, Kent Hovind and that guy with the creationist museum, who looks like he had an asthenic wombat grafted to his face, I consider the Tiktaalik "ungodly".
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams
RE: A short introduction
Don't believe him, he's quite good with his English. He hides behind his German to keep the rest of us unsuspecting.

Big Grin

You do have to worry about Nazi jokes though.

Hello darling. Smile Glad you made it on here.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hello Fascist
(January 17, 2012 at 5:34 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Don't believe him, he's quite good with his English. He hides behind his German to keep the rest of us unsuspecting.
Big Grin

Only if you consider talking like a drunken Yoda sometimes as "quite good".
At least I am nearly as cuddly. Big Grin

(January 17, 2012 at 5:37 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Hello Fascist
Hello Royalty-Worshipper.
You brits are just envious because we invented fascism before you.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams
The content of your sentences is far more disturbing than your grammar, Herr Fossil. I can say that with complete certainty.
(January 17, 2012 at 5:47 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: The content of your sentences is far more disturbing than your grammar, Herr Fossil.
Thank you! I am showing myself at my best here.
-Douglas Adams
Nein!

He's a treasure and he's Summer Queen approved. Big Grin
Hey what's up.. I have never met nazi germans, just wanabe american nazis. You are not responsible for what you're for father's did and I will leave it at that.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
A short introduction
(January 17, 2012 at 5:41 pm)UngodlyFossil Wrote:
(January 17, 2012 at 5:34 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Don't believe him, he's quite good with his English. He hides behind his German to keep the rest of us unsuspecting.
Big Grin

Only if you consider talking like a drunken Yoda sometimes as "quite good".
At least I am nearly as cuddly. Big Grin

(January 17, 2012 at 5:37 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Hello Fascist
Hello Royalty-Worshipper.
You brits are just envious because we invented fascism before you.

And their royal family is of German descent Wink
Ps hi
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 17, 2012 at 6:55 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: And their royal family is of German descent Wink
Ps hi

ROFLOL

They are too!!

Hi Summer Queen approved Herr UngodlyFossil and Welcome to our little bit of insanity on teh web

[Image: n696402459_1881020_3917447.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 720 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 954 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1940 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1335 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3680 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2240 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 1970 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1145 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 949 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2844 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2