Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious Music Parodies
Religious Music Parodies
Does anybody know any parodies of religious music? I've had trouble finding any.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
RE: Religious Music Parodies
(January 17, 2012 at 5:58 pm)AthiestAtheist Wrote: Does anybody know any parodies of religious music? I've had trouble finding any.

Here ya go:

Just about anything by " Kinky Friedman And The Texas Jewboys" is worth watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ZMj5RksbE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EssQVjpRzf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xGPwB_dvMg

PS I was going to post that immortal classic from Bobby Bare "Dropkick Me Jesus Through The Goal Posts OF Life', but suddenly realised it isn't actually meant to be a parody.
Not parodies of specific religious songs per se but humorous songs none the less.

(keep in mind these are all live versions)

Tim Minchin -

Thank You God (religious confessional style) - Audio - Lyrics
The Good Book - Video - Lyrics
I Love Jesus - Video - Lyrics = "I love Jesus... I HATE faggots"
Peace Anthem for Palestine - Video - Lyrics
Ten Foot Cock and a Few Hundred Virgins - Video - Lyrics
The Pope Song - Audio - Lyrics
Love Tim Minchin;

"umm,If you're a religious person, you may want to pop out for about 5 minutes--------------this song is about anal sex and God---"
The pope song fuckin' rocks!!!! My only problem with it is every time I hear it I have it stuck in my head for hours Tongue
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
Aaaggghhh! Please, no guitar music or live performances, I hate that kind of music. I also don't think the concept of "parody" has been grasped properly. Parody refers to making fun of a specific song, or a category of songs. That means in this case a parody would be a song that makes fun of a specific religious song, or of gospel or country or some other style of religious music.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAsjIEq5qCs

Tim Minchin has mad skills...and I am a musician of 25 years....that man has his shit in order and VERY entertaining.

(January 18, 2012 at 11:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Brilliant! This is genius! It deserves at least 5 Grammys!

It's the only good one so far, so keep 'em coming, please!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music to fall asleep Fake Messiah 2 671 August 29, 2023 at 5:59 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Atheist music deleted 29 2810 August 13, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  ABBA - phoney music for phoney people onlinebiker 7 1057 November 5, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Official Christmas Music Thread Foxaèr 46 2536 January 4, 2021 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  Evolution of Music from 1400 BC till the present day GrandizerII 67 10597 December 8, 2019 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Music You're Listening To: SofaKingHigh 3266 153484 July 2, 2019 at 1:32 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert Aegon 0 297 October 20, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Celebrating womanhood through music Foxaèr 34 3873 April 13, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: brewer
  So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help? ErGingerbreadMandude 23 3202 August 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Music Kernel Sohcahtoa 0 614 June 22, 2017 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa