Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Climate Adaptation Difficult for Europe's Birds
Climate Adaptation Difficult for Europe's Birds
Science Daily....

Quote:ScienceDaily (Jan. 16, 2012) — For the past 20 years, the climate in Europe has been getting warmer. Species of bird and butterfly which thrive in cool temperatures therefore need to move further north. However, they have difficulty adapting to the warmer climate quickly enough, as shown by new research published in the journal Nature Climate Change.

More HERE
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Climate Adaptation Difficult for Europe's Birds
evolution and natural selection in action? Poor birdies...
Yes I am thinking this is so.

I am also of the opinion that this has happened before and is part of the whole climate change/ evolution thing.

I am certain they will adapt.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 23, 2012 at 9:22 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Yes I am thinking this is so.

I am also of the opinion that this has happened before and is part of the whole climate change/ evolution thing.

I am certain they will adapt.

yeah I'm sure some of them will adapt, and I wouldn't be surprise that in a long run many will die out as well. Evolution is fascinating, powerful, yet cruel as well...
Quote:Evolution is one of the most fascinating, powerful, yet cruel thing ever.

Yes ...we live in an amazing universe...it does NOT 'do NICE' Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Climate impact of Europeans killing native Americans Anomalocaris 14 970 February 2, 2019 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Measles cases hit record high in Europe zebo-the-fat 13 1426 September 20, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Europe and measles brewer 0 215 February 21, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Asian Rock Pool Mosquito migrates to Europe Something completely different 3 1156 July 30, 2013 at 8:20 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Climate Change as Driving Force for Evolution Minimalist 24 8705 January 6, 2013 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Exhaustive family tree for birds shows recent, rapid diversification Minimalist 1 1333 November 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Birds hold 'funerals' for dead Welsh cake 0 1059 September 2, 2012 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Welsh cake