Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheels Rollin' in!
Wheels Rollin' in!
Hi folks. Just come across the forum and thought I would join in.

I am from the UK. I was a Christian for many years and a organist in church most of that time too. I started to study the faith and some 20 years ago got the chance to study for a degree in Divinity. This involved languages, Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. After hard study of biblical texts for 4 years, along with study of the thoughts of various theologians, I realised that what was being studied was more akin to folk tales than anything else so by the end of the course I was a confirmed atheist.

I hope to be able to contribute to discussions her.

Wheels Rollin' in!
Hello, so you're another person who read the bible and said WTF,
We have quite a few here.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: Wheels Rollin' in!
Welcome Wheels!
Welcome familiar avatar man Smile
Welcome Wheels!

We have a number of historians here whose discussions may be of interest to you. I personally find them fascinating!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hey, Wheels. Welcome.

What's up Wheels?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Welcome.
Cunt
Nice to have you aboard.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome