Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey!
Thumbs Up 
Hey!
Hey everyone,
I'm new here and just trying to get a feel for the community, I'd like to start off by saying I don't have an un-conversion story because I'm still a theist. I am a christian from Utah (I'm not LDS), so yeah. S'more about me I love video games (Can't wait for Mass Effect 3!), I'm really into film, I'm a huge Star Wars nerd and my favorite non-spiritual book is "Salem's Lot", and I am currently pursuing pastoral ministry as my career. I've always been interested in learning new things and not being ignorant which is why i joined this forum, if anyone has any questions for me I'd be happy to answer, likewise I hope that you'll put up with any of my questions. I don't seek conflict just insight. I'm very happy to be part of this online community! Smile p.s. I'm a guy just in case nobody knew.
RE: Hey!
Welcome Pwnie

be prepared to be slaughtered....

Why are you here??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
@KichigaiNeko because ignorance is the most disgraceful thing and if I am being ignorant I wish to be proven wrong, thanks for replying.
(January 22, 2012 at 5:00 am)Purple Pwnie Wrote: @KichigaiNeko because ignorance is the most disgraceful thing and if I am being ignorant I wish to be proven wrong, thanks for replying.

Hi PP and welcome to the madhouse.

What(as a matter of interest) do you class as ignorance?

For instance, how old do you think the universe is?

What do you think was the true nature of jesus' supposed sacrifice?

And do you think that Jar Jar Binks is the most annoying Sci-fi character EVER(after Wesley Crusher)?

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 22, 2012 at 5:00 am)Purple Pwnie Wrote: if I am being ignorant I wish to be proven wrong

[Image: magic+8+ball.jpg]
(January 22, 2012 at 5:00 am)Purple Pwnie Wrote: @KichigaiNeko because ignorance is the most disgraceful thing and if I am being ignorant I wish to be proven wrong, thanks for replying.

Be warned pumpkin ...the theist tag will put you at a disadvantage on this site. Argue your belief all you like at the end of the day this is an Atheist site is what I am saying. Atheists tend to know much more of your "holy texts" their history and the current archaeological revelations to diminish those text to nothing more than tripe written for the illiterate.

To seek knowledge and then understand said knowledge is a wonderful thing.
(January 22, 2012 at 5:11 am)Zen Badger Wrote:

Hi PP and welcome to the madhouse.

What(as a matter of interest) do you class as ignorance?

For instance, how old do you think the universe is?

What do you think was the true nature of jesus' supposed sacrifice?

And do you think that Jar Jar Binks is the most annoying Sci-fi character EVER(after Wesley Crusher)?

Badger

[Image: 250px-JarJarHS-SWE.jpg]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jar_Jar_Binks
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome, laddy.
Cunt
:Welcome:

Do I have anything I wish to ask you?

Yes. Where is your evidence for the existence of this god that you believe in?
Sure I have a question - does "huge Star Wars nerd" mean you're familiar with the EU books?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
@Zen Badger I would define ignorance as blatantly ignoring a fact or strong evidence. I believe that the earth is millions of years old. Lol when watching Star Wars I don't really even notice Jar Jar, to me he just seems like filler until the next scene, but Wesley Crusher is indeed amazingly annoying.

@KichigaiNeko thanks for the advice, I don't really intend on explaining my views to much on this forum (unless otherwise asked) my main goal is to ask questions.

@frankiej thanks for the greeting.

@DoubtVsFate I don't intend on discussing theology in this forum, I posted this just to get a feel for the community. However if you do wish to discuss it further you can PM me or perhaps we'll talk on another forum Smile.

@thesummerqueen I've read about 8 EU books but I own about 30 I really want to read all the EU books, but unfortunately I'm very busy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3030 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1805 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 605 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2282 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey Bulxy88 13 2016 July 2, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Bulxy88