Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the #$*! Do We (K)now!?
What the #$*! Do We (K)now!?
[Image: 10deadmen300key.jpg]
Link:
http://www.veoh.com/collection/s535785/w...85bqn5hb6S
RE: What the #$*! Do We (K)now!?
Hmmm, I haven't seen that one...heard about it tho...

Sounds like it may or may not be utter bullshit. Maybe half-bullshit I dunno lol.

It certainly can't be as bullshit as the secret tho...

Fred Alan Wolf from it is ALSO on the Secret DVD....and he says that Quantum Physics SUPPORTS the Secret in the sense that by merely perceiving reality we are actually significantly shaping the material reality around us....

Well he doesn't say it QUITE like that ....but supporting The Secret then that must certainly be the implication for that is what The Secret is about...

UNLESS (partly due to the fact he is apparently an actual Quantum Physicist) he was suckered into the film (The Secret) and taken out of context I wonder....? Just as Dawkins and PZ Myers were in Expelled...

I'm just wondering cos I don't see how an actual Quantum Physicist could support bullshit such as the secret....

Anyways....Fred Alan Wolf is in both What the Bleep AND The Secret...I have only seen the latter.

Hope I may have said anything at all worth my time (and your time, whoever's reading) anyway, and not merely been expressing myself.

EvF
Can you explain everything?
Why would he need to?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I don't understand why you ask me that question Mark. Of course I can't explain everything. Why do you ask?
The film is complete bullshit. I would know, I've sat through it thinking it was a serious documentary. All they do is bastardize quantum theory by saying it proves certain new age things like chi. It has been shunned by all serious physicists, even one of the ones appearing in the film (apparently he didn't realize it was about new age when he did it).

It's a very clever film though. Managed to trick me into thinking it was serious until it got to the bits about nerves in the human body managing to send signals back in time, and water being affected by moods...
Is the one you are talking about who didn't realize it....Fred Alan Wolf, Adrian?

Hmmm, I'm just wondering cos I'm still really confused as to why he's not only in this....but also in THE SECRET....AND!! - He's apparently a Quantum Physicist!?

Is it him? And did he end up being in The-fucking-Secret without realizing what he was in for TOO? Cos he's apparently a Quantum Physicist!! WTF?!

EvF
Fred Alan Wolf is a theoretical physicist who according to wikipedia has been criticized by scientists many times for his wild theories that blend "verifiable scientific evidence for quantum phenomena with unfalsifiable metaphysical connections".

The scientist (the only one who knew what he was talking about in the film) who objected was David Albert, who gave a 4 hour long interview for the movie in which he dispelled all rumours of a link between quantum mechanics and consciousness. The producers then edited his interview to distort what he said. It's the same technique used in Expelled; if they can't get decent scientists to support their theories, they will lie and mess with the interview. Despicable behaviour!
Ah... yeah, like expelled. Fucking pathetic and (at least seemingly) desperate tactics by a bunch of idiots, it sounds like to me.
I watched this in philosophy and it was kind of interesting I guess. I didn't buy most of it though, lol. I thought it was very science heavy to be shown in a philosophy class... I agreed with certain statements in the film though. I remember there was one part that one of the contributors to the film said how crazy it was for believers of organized religion to think that a little ball of carbon (ie. people) could do anything to offend or sin against such a momentous power that god would have to be if he created our whole universe... basically that we mean very little and religion is a little narcissistic. Which I agree with, if there is a god, we don't mean very much to him.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley