Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama is one cool Mo'Fo!
Obama is one cool Mo'Fo!
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012012...3AHO0.html

Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) - The secret was still intact when President Barack Obama, entering the House chamber Tuesday evening to deliver his State of the Union speech, pointed at his Pentagon chief and said, "Good job tonight."

Unknown to a global television audience watching the annual Capitol Hill ritual, a bold U.S. raid was still playing out half a world away with an elite Navy SEAL team's rescue of two hostages in Somalia, one of them an American. It was the same unit that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, two U.S. officials said Wednesday.
RE: Obama is one cool Mo'Fo!
But Obama won't get the credit. After the assassination of Osama Bin Laden, there were emails and facebook posts claiming that Obama didn't have anything to do with it, it was the Navy SEALS (whom Obama was threatening to not pay, naturally) who just went in on their own, found Osama, and did away with him.

So now the same SEAL team apparently just went into Somalia all on their own and rescued two people being held hostage by pirates.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
How does that make Obama cool? If anything it makes the Navy Seal team even more badass.
It means the President is personally aware of such operations and therefore, the PR follows, pays similar attention to the rest of his duties as a President of the United States.

It might even spin/turn out that the President ordered that operation, and therefore gets the credit for dispatching that order.

There. Answered your question.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Yeah, I like Obama, but let's face it, he =/= the Navy SEALS. What's the worst that could have happened to him, writer's cramp from signing things or a sore throat from talking about it? Still, nice of him to acknowledge his other "I sign papers" peers.
But he also takes full responsibility if a mission that he ordered goes wrong.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
So? Is full responsibility a bullet in the head? Nope. That's what it is for the guys out there. I'm not saying he isn't cool. I personally like him. I just think this thread should say, "The Navy SEALS are fucking ninjas!"
I think that would take away from how cool ninjas are though.
Cunt
He's cool because he knew it was going down and didn't tip it off in the middle of a major speech.

Bush - or any of these other idiots running now - would have been whooping it up like high school boys who got laid for the first time.
(January 25, 2012 at 4:27 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: It means the President is personally aware of such operations and therefore, the PR follows, pays similar attention to the rest of his duties as a President of the United States.

It might even spin/turn out that the President ordered that operation, and therefore gets the credit for dispatching that order.

There. Answered your question.

Huh? What does that have to do with it making him cool? He did his job. That's fucking awesome. The SEALS did their job too, which is significantly harder on a personal level.

This is a bad analogy, but drawn from personal experience, if I told a cook to make a special and was aware that the special was being made by that cook, but took no part in actually making it, do I get credit for its success? No. Good on me that I made sure it got done, but I didn't fucking do it.
(January 25, 2012 at 4:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: He's cool because he knew it was going down and didn't tip it off in the middle of a major speech.

His demeanor is cool. That obviously being your point, I concede that it does make him cool. However, he is not cool just because it happened, whether he made it happen or not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1227 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1460 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1485 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 554 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 984 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 9139 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 1988 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  This is mad cool... BrianSoddingBoru4 1 248 February 9, 2018 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  One Reason Trump is Intent on Reversing Everything Obama Did Rhondazvous 9 1280 November 6, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Mila Kunis Gets A Big Fat Bucket Of Cool Points BrianSoddingBoru4 0 482 November 3, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4