Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick intro
Quick intro
Hi! I come to this forum as a buddhist. Buddhism is an atheistic religion. I use meditation and yoga for personal growth and health. The buddhist teachings (Dharma) are "enlightening" and philososphically inspiring to me. I am adamently against Christianity, which I believe is a complete spiritual fraud in every way. I believe in science and evolution. I have acquired a bachelor's degree in history (which revealed to me alot of unsavory Christian truth) and I am an American. I grew up Roman Catholic, moderate church going and such, but finally renounced Christ when I watched Zeitgeist "The Greatest Story Ever Told" on Youtube. ( Great film series, if you haven't seen it, you must! It's brilliant and very controversial) So I hope I can share some ideas with you. AUM!
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Buddha FSM Grin

RE: Quick intro
Feel free to engage in discussions Wink

Welcome
In my eyes, Buddhism is the only tolerable religion. I have studied it quite a bit but I am by no means an expert on the subject. I know many atheist will disagree with me but other than the fact that they believe in reincarnation, which is where they lost my vote 10 years ago when I was considering it, it is a very rational and logical religion that encourages and promotes free thinking. I think many atheists are too quick to lump Buddhism in with Abrahamic religions like Islam and Christianity so I am glad to see you here.

Welcome!
“You don't get to advertise all the good that your religion does without first scrupulously subtracting all the harm it does and considering seriously the question of whether some other religion, or no religion at all, does better. ”
― Daniel C. Dennett
Hullo Buddhist, welcome to the forums.
Welcome
Welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEq62iQo0eU
Cunt
(January 25, 2012 at 11:08 pm)Bgood Wrote: Hi! I come to this forum as a buddhist. Buddhism is an atheistic religion. I use meditation and yoga for personal growth and health. The buddhist teachings (Dharma) are "enlightening" and philososphically inspiring to me. I am adamently against Christianity, which I believe is a complete spiritual fraud in every way. I believe in science and evolution. I have acquired a bachelor's degree in history (which revealed to me alot of unsavory Christian truth) and I am an American. I grew up Roman Catholic, moderate church going and such, but finally renounced Christ when I watched Zeitgeist "The Greatest Story Ever Told" on Youtube. ( Great film series, if you haven't seen it, you must! It's brilliant and very controversial) So I hope I can share some ideas with you. AUM!
How do you explain the hundreds of years old of priesthoods and monestaries where they pray to idols of buddha?

[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(January 25, 2012 at 11:08 pm)Bgood Wrote: Hi! I come to this forum as a buddhist. Buddhism is an atheistic religion. I use meditation and yoga for personal growth and health. The buddhist teachings (Dharma) are "enlightening" and philososphically inspiring to me. I am adamently against Christianity, which I believe is a complete spiritual fraud in every way. I believe in science and evolution. I have acquired a bachelor's degree in history (which revealed to me alot of unsavory Christian truth) and I am an American. I grew up Roman Catholic, moderate church going and such, but finally renounced Christ when I watched Zeitgeist "The Greatest Story Ever Told" on Youtube. ( Great film series, if you haven't seen it, you must! It's brilliant and very controversial) So I hope I can share some ideas with you. AUM!
Cool, another Buddhist...welcome to the forum. Im not a buddhist but I have read much of their writings. some of it looks like myth, but all in all it has some pretty good ideas in it.

Welcome. I admit I really don't know a great deal about Buddhism but for an atheistic religion I'm sure it's OK. I just don't get into all the spiritual stuff.

I disagree that it's the only tolerable religion. Universal Unitarians accept everyone's right to believe what they want. If there was a Unitarian church anywhere near here I'd like to go to see what it's like. They even have atheists as church leaders.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Hello there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1199 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belated intro Dom 20 1732 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Intro Reltzik 21 997 September 26, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intro Bow Before Zeus 15 1879 November 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  intro JamieBra 28 5153 September 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  MY INTRO rjh4 is back 7 1313 August 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intro Court Jester 25 4983 June 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: KerimF
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3863 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  intro Otisknows 17 2428 February 6, 2017 at 12:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Slightly Generic and Dramatic Intro Thread Redoubtable 16 3350 February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Otisknows