Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user here!
New user here!
Hello guys, I am a Muslim. I originally didn't practicse but after months of searching with an open mind, I was convinced. I have debated with Christians before in other forums but this is my first time being on a Atheist forum so I enjoy discussing my religion with you lot here Smile

I am 21 years old. I live in the UK. I think that's about it really.

I forgot to mention my real name is Musa not Zakir. I chose Zakir because of Zakir Naik.
RE: New user here!
Thank you Zakir from the UK.

Welcome to our little haven on the web. We have a number of Muslim members and you may find our search facility of benefit to gather your facts of what has been discussed and possible angles for a new discussion.

Enjoy your stay here.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hello, Musa! Hi
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
Hi Musa, welcome along.

Personally I believe that most peoples religious views stem from their environment, upbringing and social conditioning and tend to have very little to do with a genuine and unbiased search for the truth. The fact that your name is Musa (Arabic: موسى‎; meaning Drawn out of water) makes it far more likely that you would become a muslim rather if your name had been Eamonn in which case I would have expected you to be a catholic or Rajah where I would have assumed hindu.

My point is that your faith is based upon external influences and not freethinking or rational argument.

That's my first impression anyway...
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
All I can say is that you have lower standards of evidence than me.

Welcome anyway Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 487 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 573 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  AF User Map! wolf39us 142 50687 June 8, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 972 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1261 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1092 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New user, recent deconvert Lucian 5 803 September 9, 2022 at 9:56 am
  New Here probablynothing#34 18 1418 June 30, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1599 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
  Jeff Bradt, user since 2013, becoming active JP Bradt 42 6182 March 15, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie