Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Steve Jobs an atheist?
Was Steve Jobs an atheist?
Just wondering some religious freaks use apple stuff so i need to know if their "creator" was an atheist.

p.s: All hail Richard Stallman,and Linus Torvalds
Not sure If Atheist,Or just Reasonable!

WARNING: If you arent an atheist you will not be tolerated by this user Wink Shades
RE: Was Steve Jobs an atheist?
Zen Buddhist
From what I've heard, he was not a buddhist but didn't enjoy parts of it and utilized them in his daily life, but in all of the things I've heard I never heard him say something about god and such.

So...yeah, he was an atheist.

The debate should be was be a buddhist athesit or a regular one.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
He was one who once believed that a vegetarian diet gives him immunity from body odor even without bathing, to the point where Atari, his employer, insisted he take the night shift so as to offend the least number of noses.

He was also one who believed that his surgically treatable variety of pancreatic cancer is best treated not by the best that American medical science can offer a billionaire, but again by a vegetarian diet of his own design. For this second mistake he paid with his life.

Steven jobs certainly has talent where dominating consumer electronics is concerned. But he also seems to be, as Christopher Hitchens once said of prince Charles, an empty sail so rigged as to be filled by any passing whiff or breeze of crank and cant.
I've heard that said that he regretted not getting the surgery and using homeopathic methods in his biography. Unfortunately, when he came to this revelation it was too late.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 31, 2012 at 10:39 am)Chuck Wrote: He was one who once believed that a vegetarian diet gives him immunity to body odor even without bathing, to the point where Atari, his employer, insisted he take the night shift so as to offend the least number of noses.

He was also one who believed that his surgically treatable variety of pancreatic cancer is best treated not by the best that American medical science can offer a billionaire, but again by a vegetarian diet of his own design. For this second mistake he paid with his life.

Steven jobs certainly has talent where dominating consumer electronics is concerned. But he also seems to be, as Christopher hitchens once said of prince Charles, an empty sail so rigged as to be filled by any passing whiff of crank and cant.

ROFLOL this quy is going to make fun out of me for an long time am i right?
Not sure If Atheist,Or just Reasonable!

WARNING: If you arent an atheist you will not be tolerated by this user Wink Shades
Quote:He was also one who believed that his surgically treatable variety of pancreatic cancer is best treated not by the best that American medical science can offer a billionaire, but again by a vegetarian diet of his own design. For this second mistake he paid with his life.

I did not know that. I'm always amused by this sort of stuff. I recall laughing my ass off when Jim Fixx, the jogger asshole who was telling everyone to get out and run....and then dropped dead of a heart attack while doing it.

But, then again, I'm a prick.
I don't need to run 20 miles to get a jogger's high. I can get the same effect by climbing a flight of stairs.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
And, in keeping with the ironies cited above comes this:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-ne...6257769959

Quote:UPDATE 1.16pm: A LOVING Victorian mother who lobbied for more support for home births has died after delivering her baby daughter at home.

The coroner will investigate the death of Caroline Lovell, who passed away in hospital last Tuesday.

The 36-year-old, who had a planned home birth, was taken to Austin Hospital by ambulance on Monday morning.

Quote:I did not know that. I'm always amused by this sort of stuff. I recall laughing my ass off when Jim Fixx, the jogger asshole who was telling everyone to get out and run....and then dropped dead of a heart attack while doing it.

But, then again, I'm a prick.

ROFLOL

Me too.One of my favourite stories is apochryphal, but should be true:

About a rapist who tries to rape girl at gunpoint,sticks his gun in his belt and blows his nuts off. I think that's hilarious,but then I'm a cunt.

[Image: imagephotosexehumourblagueriremarra.gif]

PS: Was Steve Jobs an atheist? I have no idea and could not care less. It's as relevant to me as asking if he was part-African American/Jewish/Hispanic or any other granfaloon