Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mind reading is here people!
Mind reading is here people!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16811042

Quote:Researchers have demonstrated a striking method to reconstruct words, based on the brain waves of patients thinking of those words.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Mind reading is here people!
I saw this on the news earlier. Quite cool.
Cunt
Fascinating article. Its a step forward toward being able to control a variety devices and applications by pure thought alone! Great stuff!
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan
How long before the conspiracy nuts pick this up? Everyone put on your tinfoil hats so the government can't read your minds!
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The New Kilogram Is Here! The New Kilogram Is Here!! BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1270 May 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Something that has been on my mind dyresand 24 3477 December 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  What Does Being An Atheist Actually Entail? (Theism in mind) gomlbrobro 47 5776 April 30, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Whoops....Never Mind. Minimalist 1 970 October 17, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Why I Love Reading the Sunday Paper Minimalist 28 6673 August 23, 2011 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Minimalist