Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Science reconstructs brain waves into words
Science reconstructs brain waves into words
Quote:Researchers have demonstrated a striking method to reconstruct words, based on the brain waves of patients thinking of those words.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16811042

This is ground-breaking news. Although I understand the technology has a *long* way to go yet and neurologists have more studies to conduct into this field, but the end-result, the benefits it will provide disabled people honestly can't come quickly enough.
RE: Science reconstructs brain waves into words
That is absolutely amazing! This would definitely be a great benefit in the near future! ...and well interrogation might be easier too..Thanks for sharing. Smile
Just as long as it doesn't have the same voice that Stephen Hawking's machine has...
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I am new to this site....and the first thread I clicked on was this. I think this is incredible fascinating and makes obvious sense. I would love to learn more about this even if it does creep me out in some ways.
[Image: Melanbee.png]
Hey Melanbee, we have the coolest interests!! Big Grin

Now ya know what your little sis gets up to.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 22, 2012 at 10:54 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Hey Melanbee, we have the coolest interests!! Big Grin

Now ya know what your little sis gets up to.

I always knew she gets up to no goodThinking hehe

I am always interested in science...and especially science that involves the brain. The brain is am amazing piece of work, isn't it?

(February 22, 2012 at 11:31 pm)Melanbee Wrote: I am always interested in science...and especially science that involves the brain. The brain is am amazing piece of work, isn't it?

Its is! Most fascinating thing I know Tongue
So, in 20 years, 'telepathic' texting?
(February 23, 2012 at 12:01 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: So, in 20 years, 'telepathic' texting?

Telepathic texting is a neat concept but....sorta dangerous. Sometimes I need the "filter" of having to pick up the phone, text, check for errors and then decide I don't really want to send it. hehehe
(February 23, 2012 at 12:01 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: So, in 20 years, 'telepathic' texting?

Oh no! drunk telepathic texting would be a disaster!Confusedhock:

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man completely paralyzed by ALS asks for a beer via brain implant TaraJo 14 1009 March 26, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] Link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism established Fake Messiah 9 976 November 18, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Screen time and the preschool brain brewer 8 732 November 6, 2019 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The brain Drich 140 16479 May 15, 2019 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Human brain genes in monkeys popeyespappy 5 490 April 12, 2019 at 5:21 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Diets according to brain biologist from Russia purplepurpose 10 1759 November 15, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Religion Wires the Brain to Believe Nonsense Devout-Humanist 4 1010 October 17, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks vorlon13 13 1425 December 22, 2017 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I keep getting myself into shit Duke Guilmon 14 2702 August 23, 2017 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pedophilia Brain Defect brewer 26 11272 June 8, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: WinterHold